Stretch marks

Tara1985

Reaction score
Has anyone started to think about how they will prevent them? I understand it can be down to genetics but why do so many women rate this cream or that oil? If I can prevent them then I would like to try. I'm not going to be devasted if I get them because I'm going to be a mummy but if I have a choice :oooo:

Any tips?

xx

If you already have them before pregnancy, you will get them during pregnancy. Tbh, lotions and potions don't prevent but can help the appearance of them. If you drink lots of water and moisturise regularly this will keep your skin healthy and supple. The best products are (according to how to look good naked and the gokettes lol!) Palmers cocoa butter cream (one for stretchmarks) and bio oil. Palmers won, bio oil second. If you're going to get them, you'll get them lol.

I am using bio oil every morning and as my skin is so dry at the moment I am moisturing with a coco body butter. I know I am going to get stretch marks as I already have one on my leg and I am a size 8 but I just want to make sure that my skin is nice and supple to prevent too many xx

Oh I know its the truth babyem, if you are going to get them you will. I'm still in denial and want to believe all the adds lol.

I don't have strech marks and I'm at 8-10, I use palmers cocoa butter as my everyday moisturiser any way. My coursin didn't get them but my mum did, I'll probably get them but will still cake my stomach in cocoa butter xx

I heard that creams dont stop the stretch marks or make them any better :(

I use cocoa butter everyday, it at least makes me feel like I'm doing something and if nothing else my tummy smells lovely :) xxx

:cry:

Just being vain but I know that will vanish when I have baby in my arms.

I also heard nothing really works, but I've been using Clarins Body Treatment Oil as my SIL used it in both her pregnancies and didn't get a single one, she swears by it. So in vain I thought I'd try xx

I'm nearly 36 weeks and can tell you that these creams that claim to prevent them are lying!
I've used cream and moisturiser/oil etc since I was about 8 weeks, and I've got stretchmarks on my thighs, boobs and bum. At 34weeks I got my first ones on my tummy :(

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

I've got them on my legs and hips, and have done since I was about 13/14 :(

You are all scareing me now :( wish i haddnt read this lol im sat here searching how to prevent them now :(

I also already have them on my thighs and i am only 7.6 stone so almost under weight so i can guarentee im going to be covered in them :( boo! x

Creams can help your skin be more supple but you won't prevent them. But also, women who already have stretch marks don't always get loads during pregnancy. A friend of mine had stretch marks pre pregnancy and only got 2 stretch marks during pregnancy, and she went 2 weeks overdue! x

i dont wanna get stretch marks not on my belly anyways, i drink alot fo water anyways and have just been moisturising every day. x

I heard a lady call hers 'flames of creation' once. I think that is perfect.

We can't stop them so we shouldn't worry, the prize of our LOs at the end will far outweigh the marks that will in time fade. I've also heard that bio oil is really good on old stretch marks too, so there's hope xx

I will also say if your gonna get them you will I'm covered on my belly from my son and up until 30 weeks I didn't develop any more I now have them where I didn't get them with him but after a while once baby is here the begin to turn silvery which aren't noticeable to others unless they are looking but what I will say is they don't ruin your body they are you tiger marks nothing more and nothing less xxx

I just used whatever moisturizer I had once or twice a day, more for itchinesss than anything. At 39+5 I still don't have any stretch marks, but my Mom didn't get stretch marks either and apparently a lot depends on genetics. I wouldn't waste money on expensive creams.

I use bio oil in my bath every day, or if I have a shower, I rub it in afterwards.
My mum had 5 children and doesn't have a single stretch mark so fingers crossed I'm as lucky lol.

I was using palmers cocoa butter formula, but since going off chocolate, the smell makes me want to gag so I steer clear of it now x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I found my first one at the weekend on my tummy. Bit gutted but I have moisturised since 12 weeks but you can't fight genetics!! Hoping to minimise it to just a few, and keep telling myself they fade, and it's all part of the mummy package...

I've used bio oil since u was 8 weeks and noticed stretch marks a few weeks ago but as some of the ladies already said if your gonna get them you will unfortunately xx

You are all scareing me now :( wish i haddnt read this lol im sat here searching how to prevent them now :(

I also already have them on my thighs and i am only 7.6 stone so almost under weight so i can guarentee im going to be covered in them :( boo! x

Don't be scared by it. I'm small framed too, 5ft tall and a normal healthy weight.
Unfortunately stretch marks are something you can't stop. I'm only 20 and I must admit it's hard to see your body change so dramatically, especially when it's beyond your control.
I've got lots of stretch marks at the moment and quite a lot of varicose veins on my hip/thigh area. I'm lucky though because my OH is constantly telling me how beautiful I am and that it's all natural and he doesn't think it's any less unattractive. (I hope you have this too!)

Our babies are definately worth it. The thought of getting stretchmarks scared me at first, but when I got the first ones, it just became normal and now I'm not as disheartened anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back