Stretch marks... help please!

I was wondering if anyone knew the best thing to help prevent them. I've heard about Palmers coca butter, bio oil, baby oil and Avent Mother To-Be creams but which one is the best? I'm using as many of these products as I can every day as I really want to prevent them as I have some modelling work lined up for after the birth.

Any help and suggestions will be gratefully received :D

Thanks

Nat and bump x x

I do not think there is anything that will prevent them. if you are bound to have them, you will have them. i put on different creams, did not have any up to 27 weeks. up to 35 weeks there were only a little bit of them but still i put loads of cream on and after 35 weeks this is what happened:

Thomas020.jpg

however, i have a dry skin. most of my friends who have an oily skin hardly have any stretchmarks at all. i think it is more luck than anything else to tell you the truth.

Fingers crossed :pray:

My neighbour Adle put about 4 different creams on her skin from 12 weeks onwards right until the end and after too all of hers have gone (although she only had about 3)

I have oily skin so hopefully i'll avoid them :D

i put creams on from the day i found out i was pg 21weeks5 days gone twice a day didnt get ne lol!
well till after and i had about 7 lol

Mine are still there but less purple. No bikini for me :( but i never wore one anyway as i had a big belly, now i have a big belly looking like a michelin tyre :wink:

i swear by stretch mark cream, i put preacare stretch mark cream on every night in my first pregnancy got no stretch marks, in my 2nd pregnancy i was lazy and couldnt be bothered and im covered in them

futuremum, its been 5months since you had thomas, have yours fadded? mine are a bitworse then yours but only gave birth last month, they are still purple and verydeep, do they fade? :pray:

I can't wait to get my bikini on this summer. I love showing my body off

With any pregnancy of mine, I will MAKE myself put stretch mark cream on every day because it's very important to me to look good for my job

Are you a model Nat?

I've been struggling to think of another profession where you flash your belly!

I used Tesco cocoa butter moisturiser every day, didn't get one stretch mark on my tum. My bum is a different story.....(should have rubbed it there too!)

dionne said:
futuremum, its been 5months since you had thomas, have yours fadded? mine are a bitworse then yours but only gave birth last month, they are still purple and verydeep, do they fade? :pray:

they are slightly better but not much better. they r not as purple though but my belly is marked for ever :( oh well, thomas is worth the marks though :D

i used bio oil and still ended up with stretchmarks :( but i think it all depends on how big you get and your skin itself i dont think rubbing in cream can stop it totally, apparently bio oil is good if you get them as its meant to help them fade.

i was using baby oil when i was pregant but then got lazy so i got some but using baby oil now and they have faded alot, but i would put cream on behing your knees (cos i got them their) and inbetween your legs (you get them their too. well i did anyway

I used the sanctuary mum2be range. If your gonna get them tho theres nout you can do. They say it runs in the family so if your mum had them the chances are you will.

I dont think there is anything you can do to prevent stretch marks.

They say its something to do with skin elasticity, every woman is difefernt.

I got loads on Zack, I didnt start showing until I was just over 5 months,
then I ballooned and got all these stretch marks.

They have strated to fade, their like little dents now.
My friends noticed one and thought it was a burn :oops:

I didnt try using the coco creams, but my friend swears by them.
She gets hers from tesco. This is her first baby shes 37 weeks and so far only a couple of small stretch marks.
But I guess everyone is different.

xx

Violet is right, if you are going to get them then no cream or lotion will help. I had none til my due date then got a new one every day I was late :wall: Here is some info

i disagree. i was no bigger with Harley then i was with Dior i got none with Dior and covered in them with Harley because i didnt use cream :think:

some people will defo get them and prob cant help it. but not every one.

and my mum has had 6children and has not 1.

beanie said:
Violet is right, if you are going to get them then no cream or lotion will help. I had none til my due date then got a new one every day I was late :wall: Here is some info

That's exactly like me...I thought I was in the clear then got them all in a week :?

When i had Adele i didnt have any at all and i wasnt using any creams.
With colby i got loads and here is my tum now after 9 weeks, still using palmers cream as i was told it was the best and it has worked loads for me, please dont be eating when u see this dont want yous put off your tea...lol

the lines round my weiste are where my pj's were they arent marks honest...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back