Stretch Mark Creams/Oil?

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Hi

With my first pregnancy i was quite lucky i didnt have much stretch marks this time round im not sure what to use? If its bio oil? Or coco butter?

Has anyone started using any?

Thanks in advance xxx

I'll be following I use both at the moment but I'd like to use what people recommend X

All a myth apparently... depends on body time, frame, how much water you rink, diet and exercise. I wouldn't rely on any creams and lotions, but I do use Biol-oil and home made body butter just because I like it xx

It really is down to your body and your slin unfortunately.

If u ever got any as a teen growing up anywhere u stand the odds that you will before ur oregnancy is over.

I spent so much money of stuff and by 34wks i really thought they worked!
But then bam they arrived!
Ive not had any new ones this time around but i no come 30+ weeks and when i balloon im sure they will appear again!

I use creams still and it helps with the itching. But im not amothering myself and spending a fortune hoping for a miracle!

Babyslog: I have terrible itches. What cream do you use that helps? The one I have doesn't help at all... :-(

I use a combination of bio-oil, my regular moisturiser, and generally whatever I can get my hands on to help with the itching. Bio oil I find usually lasts on my skin a bit longer and makesit silky smooth which is nice, but itnis expensive. I got some jn my stocking from Santaat Christmas, so been using that!!

I use body shop cocoa butter for my itchy bump but I'm already covered in stretch marks from previous pregnancies x

Babyslog: I have terrible itches. What cream do you use that helps? The one I have doesn't help at all... :-(

Coco butter helps with mine hun they do one for tummys tho let me find u the link x

Last edited:
from what I have read, its all a myth. I used bio oil in my first pregnancy and still got lots of stretch marks. I use E45 cream or vasaline spray this time just to help with the itching and to keep my bump moisturised, I don't care about stretch marks this time as I have lots from first pregnancy anyway :)

I had bad stretch marks when I was a teen so I'm expecting them with bump. I use Palmers, I just like it as a moisturiser x

They say to keep your skin hydrated as it will help and drink plenty but ultimately it doesn't matter. If your going to get them your going to get them. I use cream but it's what ever is in the house. No point spending lots if actually it don't work. This information is from mw.

i got littered with them in puberty but i've gotten away with only one small one and a couple of dots of stretch - i couldnt believe how well my skin coped. i bio oiled every day but also had a water craving throughout but not sure either were the cause

Hubby doesn't want me using bio-oil, as although it says it is safe in pregnancy he is not convinced that ones of the ingrediants is ok! So I use Palmer's cocoa butter, although the sweetness of it can make me sick and I find the smell of the specific stretch mark one worse. My SIL bought me some nspa mum to be bump butter, which I think is from Sainsburys for Christmas, so I have also been using that and it's lovely xx

Ditto here with the cocoa butter, but partner also bought me bio oil for christmas. It's great, that stuff, soaks in really nicely - I use it mainly to cut down the itching! Bio oil recommends using it only from the 2nd trimester (due to the rosemary oil perhaps) so I avoided it in the 1st. ;)
So... I guess my answer is I use both! I get bored of the smell if I only use one anyway ahaha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back