Stretch mark cream/oil

PinkFlamingo

Reaction score
What creams and/or oils are you liking, using? There’s sooo many to choose from :looped:

I use Palmers stretch mark lotion at the moment. I'm angling to the hubby to treat me to the my expert midwife range which includes a stretch mark lotion. It's pretty pricey but comes highly recommended! Coconut oil is also a shout, it's got tons of great properties for nourishing skin x

I use Palmers stretch mark lotion at the moment. I'm angling to the hubby to treat me to the my expert midwife range which includes a stretch mark lotion. It's pretty pricey but comes highly recommended! Coconut oil is also a shout, it's got tons of great properties for nourishing skin x

I’m the opposite! I’m rubbish and haven’t got a clue! Ha! X

I used bio oil in my first pregnancy and didn’t get a single stretch mark. I’m using it this time around too and hoping I can avoid them again. I think stretch marks are down to genetics though, so you may still end up with the them.

I had received bio oil from a friend during my first pregnancy.
The first time using it I had spilled it a bit on my pregnancy pillow before I got it on my belly but I couldn't stand the smell apparently! I washed it off my skin immediately but I couldn't wash the pillow since I needed it to sleep. I kept on tossing and turning and smelling that oil. Made me so nauseous! Lol
Never used it again after that, and never got a stretch mark.
I think it's true what @mummybear2 says about genetics. Some women get them and some don't.x

Agree that it’s down to genetics, I’m 38 weeks in my 2nd pregnancy which has got to this point and no stretch marks either. I use mum&me bump cream in the mornings and bio oil at night, did the same in my first pregnancy. But some people do similar and still get them, I think it’s worth keeping your skin moisturised but beyond that there’s not much you can do x

Thanks everyone. I guess it is just one of them things. I’m not overly worried about it. Just thought I’d help myself along a bit x

I’ve been using this since 7 weeks and highly rate it x

7FBBA03F-D7F0-4814-8572-BF5A050760CF.jpeg

Bio oil for me - used it from the off and not a single stretch mark, but who’s to say you could use nothing and not have a single mark, I just didn’t want to risk it :lol:

It's genetic. Nothing will prevent them. However a good moisturiser will prevent your skin getting cracked and painful/itchy. I used the Lush Butterball moisturiser on my belly last time. I never got a stretchmark or had any dry skin problems. :)

I was sure I’d get them in my last pregnancy I’ve had stretch marks as a teen on my hips, boobs thighs and my mum and other family members have them. I used palmers tummy butter and their stretch mark cream one in the morning and one in the evening religiously from as soon as I found out I was pregnant and nothing! They’ll probably appear this pregnancy! I’m going to start using them again as of today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back