stressing over nothing??

naomi88

Reaction score
Hiya!
Not sure if i am stressing over nothing... Last week my only real symptoms were bloating and slight nausea. Today i am not feeling sick, but getting the odd dull cramp low down and also have really bad back ache. I didn't really have cramping last week but this feels almost like af cramping- it's just occasional and not that painful. The back ache though is fairly noticeable... although we are sleeping on the floor at the moment due to our house move getting postponed so it could be partly to do with that too?

I am trying not to stress or read too much into things, but a friend of mine said once that her miscarriage started with back ache so i am feeling a bit paranoid!! Did any of you have back ache this early on?

Think i am just so desperate not to lose this baby after taking a lot longer to conceive than i thought we would!

Just Sat in work obsessing about it so thought i would post on here for some advice! Xx

I've had backache since I found out at 5 weeks, the cramping in the bottom of my stomach has come and gone but has definitely been there throughout the last 7 weeks too!
Try not to worry unless you're bleeding or the pain is unbearable :)

Thank you!! Just wanted to check that it wasn't abnormal. Think it's going to be a long couple of months til the 12wk scan! Need to learn to keep calm i think!! Xx

I think we've all been there
I get AF crampy feelings too
But unless you're in agony or bleeding, I would just stay put and take care of you x

Thanks! God this is almost more of an emotional rollercoaster than ttc! X

I've had back ache since a few days after I found out that a long with quite bad cramps at times! It seems to be fairly common I googled it within an inch of its life and after getting myself in a right tizz went to see my go who said that's perfectly normal so I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :) xx

Thanks! Google searches are the worst... i constantly manage to convince myself that I've got some disease or other! X

I've told my family that until my scan they're not allowed to buy anything/ tell anyone about the pregnancy because I've convinced myself that something will go wrong, I've tried to be a bit more positive this past few weeks but I'm still convinced of the worst. It's terrifying me, so every ache and twinge heightens that, it's a horrible feeling.

Hey Naomi I had really bad backache the first couple of weeks and have never suffered with my back before.
I even rang epu who said as I was fairly high up ( not kidney level) and no spotting etc it should be fine. It still hurts now but not as bad xx

Hi hun I've had really bad lower back ache for the last couple of days and cramping in my lower stomach. I phoned the doctor today and he said it is normal to get af symptoms around the time that it would normally due. He put my mind at ease so I'm trying not to worry xxx

Hiya I had really bad back ache from about 5 through 11 weeks. It's eased a little but still feels like there is a lot of pressure down there. My midwife said its normal so try not to worry yourself (easier said than done I know!). Good luck and I hope you feel better soon xxx

I've told my family that until my scan they're not allowed to buy anything/ tell anyone about the pregnancy because I've convinced myself that something will go wrong, I've tried to be a bit more positive this past few weeks but I'm still convinced of the worst. It's terrifying me, so every ache and twinge heightens that, it's a horrible feeling.

Yep I feel hypersensitive to every twinge at the moment!
You must be quite close to your scan now? I'm sure everything will be fine! xx

Thanks everyone! Urgh just want it to be 8 months time! I think it's coz I haven't seen my doctor yet too as I will be moving surgeries, so I've not really got any medical expert I can call! So glad I have this site- seems like back ache is relatively common so hopefully it doesn't mean anything bad. xxx

I've got my first doctors appointment tomorrow but I was worrying loads today and called in to speak to him. I felt a bit silly but he reassured me that its all normal symptoms xxx

Aw good, I guess our bodies must be working ten to the dozen at the mo so aches and pains are probably part of it all. Just nerve wracking isn't it!! Hope the doc appointment goes well. Doubt I'll have mine for two weeks yet... moving date is now looking like it's going to be next Wednesday or Thursday so it will probably be the week after that by the time I manage to get an appointment. xxx

I had af pains back and front until 7 weeksish and my nausea and other symptoms didnt kick in until 6 weeks. Tri 1 is full of scary times. Try to eat well before the nausea really kicks in.

Thanks for the tip! Eating well won't be an issue... I could eat for England at the moment- have major munchies! xx

I struggle to eat anything
I'm worrying im lucky if I eat 500kcal per day
I'm not even drinking
I just can't bare to stomach anything :(

Aw man that doesn't sound fun... have you tried toast or something plain like that? Xx

Try not to worry hun, AF type cramps are perfectly normal and you will get them on and off the whole way through, it's just your body stretching in prep for the baby, I still get them now on and off and I am nearly 16 weeks and all is fine :)

When I had a miscarriage last year I had horrendously bad cramp to the point I knew something was seriously wrong, it was pure agony and for me backache came after - the pain moved round my side and into my back.

Your symptoms just sound like normal pregnancy discomfort to me hun :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back