Stressing Out

phoenixwings

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been with my partner now husband for ten years (married for four this year) and for the majority of that time I have struggled with the idea of having a child. Partly out of fear and partly because I didn't want it enough. I stopped using the contraceptive patch back in 2015 because I felt they were piling weight on me. Since then though I have struggled to lose anything. My appetite is always raging whereas before I was barely hungry, I'm irritable most days, my sex drive is also high and I have gone from a D to a G cup. A bit too much information, I know! I was on them for three years.

I have worked really hard since coming off them. I walk about 3-4 mile every day, get my 10,000 steps and strength train 2-3 times a week. I have also been concentrating on eating healthily. Sure, sometimes I have my moments when I give in to temptation but compared to what my diet was before it's a lot better.

But still, the scales won't budge!

I am currently 12st and a bit and I'm losing the will to live! My husband and others have told me to get on with it as some think I'm procrastinating and worrying too much. But I feel that if I'm going to do this then I'm going to do it properly. Although it's very difficult as one of my friends is currently pregnant and she was even heavier than I am and I'm envious.

I'm thinking of going to see a GP about this, but I don't know whether it'd be worth it.

Do you keep a good diary? Losing weight is about burning more calories than you ate consuming.

Personally I follow slimming World because it suits me as I don't like restricting food and it forces me to choose better foods rather than having 1500 calories of chocolate and crisps. That being said its not everyone's cup of tea.

If you are sure you are consuming less than you are burning then I suggest that you see your Gp and ask for a thyroid test

Hope that helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back