Stressful night out for early valentine's..rant warning!!!

ForestLas80

Reaction score
We are staying at my DH's family this weekend and it's been a bit of a disaster really. Friday night they didn't leave the heating on for us overnight and the temp went down to 12oC and Fin was waking and crying all the time. We had him sleep with us to keep warm!! Apparently they forgot to override the heating programme. We were frozen and sleeping in jumpers and socks!!
Last night they "babysat" for us so we could eat at v local restaurant for V's night. One of our dogs started fighting with the in-laws dogs before we left ( for no reason-normal massively placid!), the visitors to see Fin didn't leave so we had to put Fin to bed and get ready with them all still here rabbiting on, the intercom was turned off and Fin was screaming for ages without us knowing and was really distressed when I went to him. Felt like calling off the evening but DH was keen to go. Also I put on my lacy black H&M nursing bra to try and look and feel nice but when we got back my right boob leaked through the bra and woollen dress infront of the in-laws as I wasn't going to feed Fin as I had had some wine. So embarrassing and not sexy!!! All in all not a gr8 night before and after but the meal was nice and good to have a drink and a laugh with Hubbie

Aww bless you!
I can sympathise on the leakage I had to change my pj top last night as it was soaking!
At least you guys managed some time together even if it was stressful!

Oh no. Sorry it didn't go as planned. Hope you, Fin and the dogs.have survived intact! When you heading home? Xx

Sorry it's wasn't the night U expected hun hopfully the next one will go better xx

Thanks ladies, I am grateful for a little time alone with Hubbie out and about but it was more stressful than expected all around. I even bought and wore new shoes for the date.....haven't worn heals since tri1! heading back today but via our friends for lunch.

:hug: it's a shame it was tainted by what happened though. 12 degrees is flipping cold!! Poor you :(
Not much you can do about boob leakage, my right boob always leaks loads :-/ x

Things went from bad to worse this am....I packed our stuff up and made us come home straight away. Apparently one of our dogs is "depressed" and underfed according to my MIL!! Well enoughs enough, I don't need to be hearing this right now. I'm the primary carer for everyone in this house-dogs, cat and baby so if things are not right or they r not happy it's my fault. Well thats rich coming from someone who didn't try to calm our baby down with a bottle until 1.5hrs after we had left for our meal out when they were babysitting?!!! Poor baby didn't get enough food b4 we left obviously and was hungry :-( so pissed off right now!!!

sorry my phone was playing up and was meant to be a separate thread lol xxx

Last edited:
thats so horrible of them. how you meant to do all that and look after a baby. have you tried speaking to them? xxx

thats so horrible of them. how you meant to do all that and look after a baby. have you tried speaking to them? xxx

I try and be as polite as I can with the in-laws and they already think I'm quite opinionated so I find it hard to say these things and be really honest with them. Tbh I might have been over sensitive on the dogs comments but overall was still a stressful weekend. Some people just don't think before they say things which gets on my nerves. Sorry for the moan ladies xx

Doesn't help we have just moved house 2 weeks as well. It has been a busy time of it lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back