stressed and upset

mrz85

Reaction score
My midwife called turned out I got strep B .1 in 3 people carry it but can b very harmful 2 newborns at birth my midwife said I will need a injection 2 hours b4 delivery very inportant !!so said when the time comes 2 deliver she said make sure ppl r aware and not say ur not in labour with out checking !! always I found out i should never ever been given the oral thrush tab pregnant women cant take it y on earth did the gp give it to me shock horror !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shock::shock::shock:thank god i never took it

Oh honey, so glad you never took the tablet - I would be tempted to put in a complaint about your doc?! Regarding the strep B, I would try not to worry too much about it honey, these days the tests are all there to help protect you and baby, and although the thought of having medication isnt very nice at least you know baby will be well cared for when they arrive. :hugs:

Aw, try not too get too stressed and upset about it. I know that's easier said than done, though.
Has the midwife given you any other info about it? Will you have to receive treatment during pregnancy or do you just have to wait for an injection when you start to labour?
Its good that they have picked up on it now, though, so try to remember this. They can treat it, when appropriate, to prevent your newborn from infection. The outcome is still very, very likely to be a positive one although it may cause you some stress along the way.
:hugs:

Strep B is very dangerous if not diagnosed, but now they know you have it they will give you some antibiotics when your in labour and keep a close eye on bubs once born for any signs of infection, so try not to worry too much. They like you to have 24-48hrs worth of the drugs, so when you think your in labour go in early!x

she sent sum info in the post she said I ll b fine so lets hope! going 2 complain to the doctores it s out of order just waiting 4 them 2 re open!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back