Stress :-(

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by SpinSugar, Jun 5, 2013.

1. SpinSugar

SpinSugar Well-Known Member

So I'm off sick again today (suspected UTI) and I've spent the last hour sorting personnel issues about my maternity cover from my bed. Waiting till 9 then need to contact a few other people.

Sorting out my mat leave cover is causing me so much stress, I just want to go off and not go back. And I love my job!

my assistant tells me today her job is also going locally for more money at a higher grade, it closes tomorro and should she go for it...how as a manager can I answer that!

So fed up and all this stress can't be good for the baby :-(

I wanted to work till 38 weeks to make handover easier and it would benefit the service. But why should I put myself out when they won't do the same for me. I have enough leave left to bring my finish date forward almost 2 weeks at least.

sorry for the rant ladies. I can't focus on the baby and looking after myself as this concern is all consuming! Which leads to a big guilt cycle.

Xx

2. L2310

L2310 Well-Known Member

Sounds like they're putting you under far too much stress! I'd defo bring it forward the two weeks if you can - like you say stress is no good for you or the baby and that's way more important than any job. I originally was meant to finish at 37 weeks (3 weeks holiday then official maternity started on due date) but as time went on I just can't cope anymore its far too stressful! I brought it all forward two weeks so now finishing next Thursday and I can't wait!! Xx

3. SpinSugar

SpinSugar Well-Known Member

Well one of my managers called me yesterday (i asked her to) and she told me off for working from home and not resting (in a nice way) they are not happy with my assistant contacting me at home either!
    But we have set a date for my replacements interview, and scheduled a meeting with all the big bods to see what will happen. So I do feel more relaxed now :)

Xx

4. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you have to deal with so much stress right now :( Hope you will feel better soon and you can sort out maternity leave! xx

5. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Glad things are sorting slowly but no fun being under stress. X

6. Positive37

Positive37 Well-Known Member

u and baby are so much more important Hun - i am only temping and was working up to 36 weeks but as l2310 said as time goes on i am geting bigger and the commute sucks
    rest up and wish u better xx