Stress in pregnancy

coco_cukoo

Reaction score
I've gone back to work after weeks off sick & I'm only a few days in & I've gone back to being extra stressed out, massive migranes where my whole face aches, heart beats faster etc. Is this all going to effect baby? I really hope not, only felt it coming on in the last couple of days but it's so bad today I had to leave work early & just can't sleep cos my brain won't switch off!! Arrrrghhhh. I think I'm angry today too cos I hate everyone at work, so it makes it worse & more stressful going in!! X

Stress isn;t good for the baby :)

Is there anything that your work can do to help you be less stressed with what your doing, they shouldn;t be putting that much pressure on you anyway.

If you get too stressed then you should get yourself signed off again, it's not worth it to risk your baby.

MASSIVE :hugs:

xxxx

Nope, they won't do anything. When it comes to stress, they don't give a sh*t! I'll just try some relaxation exercises as I don't want baby to feel it!! x

In the weeks leading up to my wedding I got terribly stressed but couldn't take any time off work.

What I did was, I learned some calming breathing exercises and did those while sitting at my desk. Try the 'making a square' exercise. Take a 5 second deep breath in, then hold it for 5 seconds, then breathe out for 5 seconds, and hold it for 5 seconds. Keep repeating it. I still use it if I'm stressed and it always calms me down a bit.

I also downloaded an app to my phone of relaxing music, and one of relaxing sounds.
I probably looked like a mental case but I used to listen to the sound of the waves crashing while doing breathing exercises lol. But it definitely helped calm me down. Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks Jayjay, I will try that out! I'm going to have a nice relaxing bath later. Which brings me to my next question - now we're in the 2nd tri can we have hot baths? Lol x

They say not to have it too hot. Body temp is about right. If u have to dip ur toe in and ease urself in, its too hot. U should just be able to get in comfortably x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back