Stress-busting in TWW

broody2013

Reaction score
Hi, well I've had a bit of a bad few days now with stress. I've been told already that stress is awful for TTC chances but it's just upset me more!

I'm planning to have a bath and give myself a shoulder and neck massage tonight and I might give in and buy some chocolate tomorrow as a treat. I'm using mindfulness already but it's hard to keep up when I feel so crap.

I just feel like my stress levels mean we have lost out for yet another month. I am struggling not to resent my sister in law who has a 6 month old and is 11 weeks pregnant. Both pregnancies long since we started TTC. His family aren't very sympathetic with our TTC struggles (I imagine they blame me as all his siblings have had no trouble with having babies) and I really dread visiting now.

Advice appreciated. I'm sure it will pass but I'd like to do some damage control and avoid feeling much worse. I don't want this TWW to end as I don't think I can face another AF but I realise I will have to keep facing them somehow.

Aw broody honestly don't beat yourself up. I think in this ttc process we all have that up and down mood. Sometimes really positive then next really negative and stressing! I had people tell me I m/c because I was 'too stressed' and 'not in the right frame of mind to be pregnant' it devastated me. If it happens again for us all those people won't be getting told for a long time as a result!

It might sound stupid but I write down things I'm thankful for. Yes I might not be pregnant and everyone and their granny is but I have a family home that we worked hard to buy, a good job that I worked hard for and devoted hubby. I'm rich in so many other ways. Try to be positive! Take one day at a time with little goals. Tomorrow I'm going to achieve this and then I'm going to have a lovely lush bath etc. Or go for dinner with your hubby at the weekend. Plan things you like to look forward to and focus on them! Maybe book a wee massage or reflexology session to try reduce your stress?

Sending you a huge hug :hug: xxx

Last edited:
Broody

You are not alone. Im stressed too. Sometimes I think I wish I knew what to do to get pg faster.

Step number one is eliminate any stress. As it has very negative affect. Long bath is really good to relax!

Hugs x

Mrs S thanks so much for your kind reply. I'm feeling a little better about things today. I agree it is a rollercoaster with long term TTC! Let's hope we can get off the ride soon and onto the pregnancy one instead. Xx

Thanks Charlotte. I am going to do some meditation and self massage today see if that helps. I hope you're okay xx

Hey Broody, try to keep up with the mindfulness meditation even if you don't feel like it. Maybe try to do some yoga too. If funds allow perhaps you could book yourself in for a pamper treat e.g. nails, facial. I always find things like that really relaxing x

Hi broody, I definitely know how your feeling with the last month or so, I'm not surprised I haven't conceived. My cycle has even extended to 30 days instead of the usual 28. So two months I've been two days late and thought I was and the witch has turned up. A bath is a good one and also putting something on the tv that you really enjoy and reading book that you can really throw your mind into. I do a lot of writing stories so I tend to do one of them three which really helps. Realising I'm stressing just stresses me out more. Since my phone has broke I've lost all my ttc data so I'm having to go off a brief memory. Things will get better and sometimes it takes us stepping outside of it all to look at a bigger picture and realise everything will happen when it's spose to. Lots of baby dust xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back