Stress at work

Yvonne

Reaction score
Can stress at work be bad for the baby, i have come home today feelin like i want to cry because of a situation at work that i have nothing really to do with.

I am worried that it will all affect the baby, if need be is this the sort of thing doctors can sign you off for?

Hi

Yes, you can be signed off for stress - my doctor has signed me off for 5 weeks (up until the start of my mat leave). I had a dreadful time at work and since I've got my sick note, my stress levels and worry levels have reduced. My doctor put 'stress related illness' on my sick note.

Go and see your doctor and explain the situation and you'll get some time off to take things easy. I've never had a sick note in my life but am so glad I've gone and got one as work and it's associated stress is now a very distant memory!

How many weeks are you by the way?

Belle

I was signed off from 7 weeks until I resigned early in August with stress (my doctor knew the stress I was under at work and signed me off for my sake).

i am 21 weeks and the situation at work isn't that bad at the moment, i creid this morning before i went in, i was dreading going in!!

My doctors are really strict about sick notes so you have to be really bad before they sign you off.

i dont know what to do, i can start maternity leave from 28 weeks so i might start it from then only 7 weeks to go!!

:D :D :D

Might it be different than normal since you're pregnant though? Might be worth trying?

+++

My drs signed me off for stress in pregnancy as Ive not had a good time with it so far. Ive been signed off for two wks and my stress levels have dropped so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back