Strep b?

can

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

had a meeting with consultant today due to previous bouts of Strep b and am due to have antbiotics via drip during labour, she wasn't concerned at this at all and didn't really explain anything, any of you ladies having this or had this?:)

Never had this before but didn't want to read run...

Sorry I can't be much help.

Xxx

Usually they don't go looking for it in subsequent pregnancies unless there is a problem. And antibotics not given unless confirmed in current pregnancy some areas might differ but that s our Trusts policy.

the consultant said I would be getting them as had it with my son and had bouts of it this pregnancy already?!! I don't know she just rushed through it, got 16 week midwife soon maybe she can explain more

I had a swab done when I first knew I was pregnant to che k for thrush and they found it on my swab. I think you have to have three sets of antibiotics via a drip a few hours apart. I'm gutted as I wanted to stay in birth pool but don't think I'll be able to if I'm on a drip and they go through me bleugh!
The risk to baby is really low apparently if you have the antibiotics did they put a sticker on your notes?
Did you say you'd had this before? Xxx

I had the antibiotics when giving birth to my daughter was fine nothing to worry about

Did you have to be put on a drip or can they just give you an injection for it? X

I was on a drip through out the active stages of labour

Thanks chic, was it annoying or you hardly notice it? X

To b honest it didn't bother me was fine

I have strep b Hun and also did in first pregnancy they r not concerned as have c sections but with my first was put on drip during labour also x

Hi Jess, having intravenous AB during labour is a routine practice. It is done to prevent possible transmission to baby. There are not so many cases recorded when baby is infected, but even so GBS is usually successfully treated. There is no evidence that GBS infection leaves a baby more likely to catch other infections. There are no contraindications in regards breast feeding. Don't worry, once we are aware of the GBS, treatment is available and well researched. Good luck. XXX

thanks ladies yeah got a sticker on notes to have the drip when I come in, feel much better about it now thanks, I wanted a actice labour too but guess things not going that way!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never thought about it affecting beeastfeeding. Should I discuss it with midwife you think? Not one of them have mentioned it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back