strechmarks and heartburn....

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
so i was laid on my sofa lastnight i look down and what do i see??
2 yes 2 strechmarks!!!! they are only about 2cm in lenth and you cant really see them more feel them they are on the side of me above my hip type area!! im in shock lol dint think id get them this early sister only got a couple in that area so am hoping they will be my only ones lol.
also heartburn i only get it when im trying to sleep and its driving me mad i cant have the gavascon medicine it makes me heave.
are the tablets ok to take instead??
thanks
manda xx

Not sure about the tablets I'm afraid. More ingredients may have been added to those than the liquid so you should check with the Dr or pharmacist.

Manda,

I checked with the NHS direct.. about taking Rennies.. as I used to take these on almost a daily basis before I was pregnant, due to my addiction to lovely white wine!
And they said they are ok to take.. just not too many... Now I might take 1... IF i really really need it..

x

thanks hun il pick some up tomorrow when im shopping then.
might help me sleep a bit better :)
manda xx

I also try and have a swig of milk to try and help it out.. (I HATE milk.. but sometimes it helps) just like a small half glass.
As for your strechmarks.. get the cocoa butter/bio-oil/ E45 cream on them! :)

x

I can't take the liquid - even the advert makes me heave :puke:

I'm taking the spearment rennie tablets... didn't even occue to me that they might not be OK.

Still, I used them with DD and we're both fine and I'm using them this time too.

ive got my coco butter cream on them doing it like a mad women now lol hubby thinks ive gone crazy and claims he cant see anything but he also says i havant put any weight on :?
will try the milk aswell
thanks again
manda xx

:hug: :hug:

definately have milk it works a treat and dont spend too much money on stretchmark creams.....like an idiot I spent £20 on bio-oil which does nothing more than keep your skin moisturised and maybe smoothes out previous scars and judging by reviews it does nothing to stop them appearing if they're going too. Cocoa butter is yum, affordable and really good for keeping skin soft and supple plus it smells a hell of alot better than bio-oil lol!

xx

lol i got a huge bottle of the coco butter stuff in asda for like £3 bargin :)
dont think its going to last long though
monster_munch im so happy its not just me that hates the liquid stuff
manda xx

I checked with the MW and Rennie tablets are fine. I can't stand the liquid remedies, make me :puke:

I love the liquid Gaviscon. I like the feeling you get when its going down.

Emma58 said:

:shock: It reminds me of spunk - especially the feeling you get when its going down :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry to hear about your heartburn. What position do you sleep in? I seem to recall sleeping propped more upright is good for helping ease it.

Tillytots said:
Emma58 said:

:shock: It reminds me of spunk - especially the feeling you get when its going down :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
That has made me laugh so much!
I have never thought of it like that - you're right though it is similar.
Tastes nicer though

Tillytots said:
Emma58 said:

LOL same for me, i dont mind the taste of gaviscon but the texture and how thick it is, reminds me of my bf, and he keeps mithering :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I love the taste of gaviscon! Have to use will power not to drink the whole bottle :lol:

i hate the liquid too - i have to drink a whole glass of water afterwards to get rid of the taste, which defeats the object! I also have the tablets but i think they are just as bad (if its the taste rather than the consistency that is the problem). Milk works better than anything else for me at the moment, i am drinking loads of it and just think it is good for you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back