Streaks of blood in poo

Monkey

Reaction score
A couple of times I have noticed a small streak of poo in LOs nappy. At first I honestly thought it was just a piece of pink string or something but I inspected it this morning and noticed it smeared. I wasn't too worried still but she did it for a second time today and there was a couple of streaks. It's not a huge amount but I worried still and want to know if anyone else has experienced similar?

I am going to make an appointment with Dr in the morning as am almost sick with worry.

When my daughter was little she had streaks in her poo. The doctor told me that because they were red and fresh that it was from a small tear inside her bottom that would heal naturally. She used to strain so bad when going for a poo so he gave her some lactulose to help soften it whilst it healed . FX all is well x x x

Thanks for the reply. I thought I would just say that it seems E has a similar thing, according to the docs anyway.

Hope this will help ease any other mummies issues if they stumble across this thread and have similar things with their LO. Seeing blood was so stressful.

Last edited:
oh poor erica and how scary for you. hope all is well now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back