Strange stuff

peony

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering if you guys can give me your opinion. Joined knowledge and all that.
Ok, so the background - I have 2 kids, but was pregnant 4 times. Other 2 were lost at 12 and 5 weeks.
So, I had a normal (strenght-lenght) period that began on the 17/18 december (so 5 1/2 weeks ago). Then I had quite light (for me) 2 day period on 15 january. I thought that I was not pregnant until about a week ago my breast started swelling more and then hurting and a variety other symptoms started as well. So on saturday afternoon (23 jan) I made a test (ClearBlue digital) and it came back positive. Today (monday 25 jan) I made 2 tests in the morning and both were negative.
I have no idea what this means!
Was the first test incorrect (I thought you can't get fake positive), or was I pregnant before and the light period on the 15 january was a miscarriage and I made the test while there were still hormones 2 days ago but now there are none so it is negative? Or was that implantation bleeding (albeit if it was there was plenty of blood... I think implantation bleeding is more like spotting?) on the 15th.
And if it was then why are my breasts getting more painful and not less?
My normal cycle is about 30ish days so that bleeding on the 15th is about on time for a period.
Any suggestions are welcome!
Also, shoudl I go to the doctor or just wait? :wall2:

Thanks!!!!!!!

Hi there.
My cycle date in December started 17th Dec too, I got a positive on a digital and since 3 negatives on non digitals. Only difference is that I've not had a cycle and I'm still due. So I'm as lost as you are.

I've always heard false positives are rare. I keep thinking maybe I was pregnant then had an early miscarriage but no cycle for me yet.

How are you feeling?
What are the other symptoms?
Perhaps a doctors appointment would be a good idea or you could even see nurse. If you see the nurse he/she will probably take some blood or do a pregnancy test.

Last edited:
Hi, seems very similar indeed. Maybe I should buy non digital as well and try them? Its just that its now 5 1/2 weeks, so the positive should have been much stronger, right?
I made appointment with doctor for tomorrow, but they won't do blood tests. i live in the Netherlands, here pregnancy is dealt with by midwives and they will do ultrasound at 8 weeks or so.... I will beg them for one maybe, at least then I know if there is anything or not? Bleeding is worrying.

Other symptoms - very bad sleeping for past 2 weeks, breast swelling more and more (last night it hurt to sleep on the front), TMI - very wet at times, almost like flushing, TMI - very itchy/tender/painful lady bits like a yeast infection, but there was not usual "yeast infection discharge", moody, headaches, tender uterus with slight cramping. All of these symptoms started about week ago (so after my bleeding) and are getting stronger. Do you have any symptoms?

I am just thinking - if I was pregnant and that bleeding was miscarriage then why are the symptoms getting stronger now at all? Its not as if I was pregnant for more than a week in that case..

I think the line tests are supposed to be more sensitive. Plus if you can see a faint line then that's a positive.
I'm really not an expert in pregnancy and ttc. I got pregnant first try with my daughter and only did 1 test.

Hopefully someone else on here will have some better advice.

And to your question do I have symptoms. Yes. I've been physically sick twice this morning and also tiredness.

You mean you vomited twice?! I know this could sound bad - but good for you!!!!!!
I don't know, I feel awful about all of this and nothing makes sense..

You mean you vomited twice?! I know this could sound bad - but good for you!!!!!!
I don't know, I feel awful about all of this and nothing makes sense..

Yes but I'm 11/12days late and apart from my positive result 4 days ago my tests are negative.

I went and got 3 different tests, clear blue early and 2 smaller local brands. I was planning to do one tomorrow morning, but could not wait.
So I did Clear Blue early (5 days before period sensitivity) and it was negative. Not even a hint of a second line. The other digital ones I did (3 of them) at least had a second line... Why did I get a positive at all few days ago???? Can you get a false positive on digital?
"Period" I had on the 15th was not strong enough for miscarriage and besides all the symptoms and positive test started AFTER period. Does anyone have any ideas????

Update - if anyone in the same situation is interested.
Made another test today morning and it was negative. Went to the doctor after that. He thinks that I was pregnant, that bleeding on the 15th was implantation and that something went wrong in the 10 days after bleeding. So I was pregnant and now I am not. I am to bring urine sample on Friday just for the heck of it, but he thinks (as do I) it will be negative.
I don't feel pregnant any more. Boobs have returned to their usual state of misery and I don't feel my uterus any more (at least not in that pregnant way). Now it just feels like a period is coming and I keep on wondering if the bleeding will come as usual period 30 days after the last one or will it be early.
Also, will I ovulate this month? I guess not, but wanted to be sure?

Aww that's sad Hun. I hope you get a big positive next time.

How you feeling?

Blah, I am feeling very much blah. How is it going with you?

Sorry to hear that hun. It can be so confusing sometimes.Fx for next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back