Strange feeling

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Guys i can't find anything in my brilliant pregnancy book so I said I'd ask on here...

I've been having a strange feeling "down below" for the last few hours, almost like something is pushing on my cervix from the inside. Is this normal? Had a kind of physical day, decided to do stuff around the house, and maybe did a little too much? No heavy lifting I promise, but did lift a light load of wet laundry at one stage when I thought OH wasn't looking?

Just getting very frustrated at not being allowed to DO anything :roll: Guess I'm being selfish eh?

Anyone know what my feeling is?

Sue

hey hun...

i had that feeling a few weeks ago.. kind of like a sharp pain on the cervix but from the inside... my midwife says its from baby lying in a position where she is resting against a nerve.... if u get on all fours and rock.... the baby will move and the pain shud go straight away.

hope this helps

elaine

Might be a bit early for the head to be down Elaine in Sue.

Sue - I get this quite often too. I'm not sure what it is but I get it some days when I have done nothing and other days I've done washing or ironing or walked around alot. Started getting it a few days ago. Was putting it down to the braxton hicks I was getting already.

I know what you mean about the lifting and not being able to do anyting. It was nice at first but now it's driving me nuts. OH won't let me paint our new house either - he don't want me to stetch or be near paint fumes even if they are non-toxic :roll: I felt a bit selfish too though for feeling this way. They never tell you about all this in the joys of pregnancy book do they?!

i never said its from head being down...... i said its from baby resting against a nerve some where inside.. if it hurts too much just rock so baby moves off nerve. its nothing to worry about... i got alot of these pains

Thanks girls...

Sami, I wondered what the outcome of your strange discharge was because today I had the very same thing! Was it an infection or just normal? I went to the A&E unit lastnight because i was worried about that other feeling and I had an internal exam, and the gyny said not to worry it was a normal feeling...but I still feel it.

Should I panic again and go to the doc? A bit worried about preterm labour.

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back