Strange feeling, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Kelly450, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

For the last couple of weeks I have been getting a strange feeling in my chest area.
    I will get up or be doing something (and sometimes standing but doing nothing) when all of a sudden my chest feels very tingly and weak. It feels as ive just finished a race or a very long run.
    I then get quite warm in the face and have to sit down because its as if my breath needs to catch up, even though im not out of breath..

Is this another part of pregnancy? Or do u think I should check it out with GP?
    It is gradually getting worse now, happens pretty much every day! But doesnt last long xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

2. katyloumc

katyloumc Well-Known Member

I would speak to your GP, he might just listen to your chest or refer you to the cardiologist for them to have a look. It could just be palpitations which seem to be quite normal in pregnancy.

Best to ask your GP though x

3. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

Get it checked. I've had similar, and its just a normal part of my pregnancy, but I had to spend nearly a week in hospital, because those symptoms (worst case) can also mean a blood clot on your lungs, and when pregnant your blood is stickier so you are 5times more at risk of clots.

Like I said, that is worst case scenario, but it definitely needs to be checked out. X

4. Kelly450

Kelly450 Well-Known Member

Oki. Ill contact GP in the morning. ItS an odd feeling for sure. Usually ignore it but it can be agitating when I have to stop what im doing to sit down. Thanks ladies x

Sent from my GT-I9300