Strange dizzy feeling

cosmicgirl

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm coming down with something or if it's anxiety related.
Monday afternoon I started to feel a bit light headed and dizzy on and off. Felt like my limbs where heavy. Didn't feel awful, just not right.
Went to bed, woke up feeling fine. Then yesterday, had it once or twice but thought I had some strange bug I was getting over.
Felt fine all day today except about half an hour ago. I was on the phone and felt the same, lightheaded.
I've eaten and drank well, slept well and feel fine otherwise.
I have suffered panic and anxiety for years but not had an attack since before this pregnancy.
My usual symptoms are palpitations, rapid breathing and general panic. This is different. I don't think it's anxiety but not sure.
My pulse is normal during the dizzy spells, it's not racing like my usual anxiety attacks. It comes out of nowhere.
Any ideas what it could be? I'll be visiting the GP tomorrow if I can get an appointment x

I do however feel trembly, anxious and stomach achy when the dizziness comes x

My hands feel funny too, kinda heavy when it happens.
I don't want to miss an actual problem by putting it down to anxiety x

Blood pressure maybe low :(
Pregnancy brought on panic attacks and anxiety for me too, also svt (rapid heart rate) i had awful episodes of it, but what you are describing doednt sound like an attack, are u on medication xx

Thanks for the reply.
No I'm not on any meds. I'm really worried though.
I've never had this before xx

Sorry to hear your not feeling great. Could you be anaemic? Did you have an okay blood loss at delivery? I know it was a while ago and Ofcourse it may not be that but it's another possible reason. Maybe worth a trip to gp just to get a once over xxx

Also if your constantly thinking somethings wrong youll set off yr anxiety even more xx

Sorry to hear your not feeling great. Could you be anaemic? Did you have an okay blood loss at delivery? I know it was a while ago and Ofcourse it may not be that but it's another possible reason. Maybe worth a trip to gp just to get a once over xxx

I had minimal blood loss but could be anaemic yes xx

My pulse is 62 beats per min. If this was anxiety wouldn't my heart be racing? x

My heart raced at 100bpm with anxiety, now its 74 xx

Oh hun, sorry you're not feeling right, maybe it is anaemia? Can you get an appointment with your dr to get checked out. Because you're worrying about it, it will also be making it worse :hugs:

It doesn't sound like anxiety. Although my panic attacks always start with the dizzyness. Your heart rate would be up. Are you maybe low in iron? X

Tapatalking excuse any typos!
Mummy of two, Angel mummy of one and WTT baby number 4 <3

Cos I had this. It started after my pregnancy with Alfie, and I still get it now.

You've just got over a bug haven't you? Could it be viral vertigo. It can make you feel lightheaded and dizzy, worse when you stand up xx

When I was tachycardic during my twin labour (it was all going wrong, hence lots of panic) my bp was over 130 at times, awful.
This is different, all feels very slow, heavy and dizzy.
Nothing is spinning as such, not me or my surroundings. Maybe dizzy is the wrong word, faint maybe?? Lightheaded ness???
I'm so worried x

sounds like a viral thing hon.....mixed with you probably being a bit anaemic following the birth and your body getting back to its normal self. i had dizzy spells too where everything felt heavy and weird and my bp was a bit on the low side. better go and be echecked though just in case....you might just need a little more iron or something. doesnt sound like anxiety with a pulse that low. imo xxx

Oh hun, sorry you're not feeling right, maybe it is anaemia? Can you get an appointment with your dr to get checked out. Because you're worrying about it, it will also be making it worse :hugs:

Thanks love I'm going tomorrow.
I'm worried that its not anaemia because I take a multi vit?? x

It doesn't sound like anxiety. Although my panic attacks always start with the dizzyness. Your heart rate would be up. Are you maybe low in iron? X

Tapatalking excuse any typos!
Mummy of two, Angel mummy of one and WTT baby number 4 <3

I'm hoping its iron but I'm not sure x

Cos I had this. It started after my pregnancy with Alfie, and I still get it now.

You've just got over a bug haven't you? Could it be viral vertigo. It can make you feel lightheaded and dizzy, worse when you stand up xx

It might be. It's when I'm sitting down too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back