Strange discharge that I’ve never had before...

Courtney975

Reaction score
I have very irregular cycles and sometimes don’t get a period for 3 months. I recently (March 26) had a UTI and it was treated with antibiotics. I no longer have pain when urinating but i have been feeling the urge almost constantly to pee which end with me going to the bathroom every 1-2 hours. Yesterday when i went to the bathroom i saw this very sticky, cloudy or pale yellow mucus discharge. I thought it was a one time thing because I never had it before and I didn’t know what it was. It is a lot thicker than what I produce during ovulation. Today when i woke up, it was the same stuff. It is very sticky and stretchy. A clump stretched almost 6 inches when I wiped. It almost feels like that cold green slime that my niece plays with. I honestly have no idea what it is so I took a pregnancy test last night and it came back negative. Can anyone offer any insight?

D342F104-A1ED-42A7-AC25-6507A21759A0.jpeg 2C49033F-7E15-4359-80CD-E53D9152A6BE.jpeg 92BE19F7-FFCD-4B63-AA6D-DFA5D94C6C35.jpeg

I have very irregular cycles and sometimes don’t get a period for 3 months. I recently (March 26) had a UTI and it was treated with antibiotics. I no longer have pain when urinating but i have been feeling the urge almost constantly to pee which end with me going to the bathroom every 1-2 hours. Yesterday when i went to the bathroom i saw this very sticky, cloudy or pale yellow mucus discharge. I thought it was a one time thing because I never had it before and I didn’t know what it was. It is a lot thicker than what I produce during ovulation. Today when i woke up, it was the same stuff. It is very sticky and stretchy. A clump stretched almost 6 inches when I wiped. It almost feels like that cold green slime that my niece plays with. I honestly have no idea what it is so I took a pregnancy test last night and it came back negative. Can anyone offer any insight?

View attachment 92748 View attachment 92749 View attachment 92750

I am not a doctor or anything but this looks like greeny yellow colour which usually indicates infection. Contact your doctor hun x

I am not a doctor or anything but this looks like greeny yellow colour which usually indicates infection. Contact your doctor hun x

Thank you for the reply! I should add that when they did a urine culture for the UTI they ran chlamydia and gonorrhea as well which both came back negative. Do you happen to know of any other infections can cause unusual discharge? It doesn’t have an odor, but could it still be BV?

Thank you for the reply! I should add that when they did a urine culture for the UTI they ran chlamydia and gonorrhea as well which both came back negative. Do you happen to know of any other infections can cause unusual discharge? It doesn’t have an odor, but could it still be BV?
I would say the antibiotics to treat your UTI have caused thrush which can be a pretty common side effect. You can buy remedies over the counter but I would contact your doctor to be on the safe side they usually prescribe some cream for the outer areas and a pessarie to insert.

CB80CFD5-D83E-4AB1-95A3-A46D8AB1207B.png A2625B57-178F-47FE-9F8B-07F27833C2A7.jpeg Thank you both for the reply’s. I bought an over the counter treatment for a yeast infections and since starting that it has gone away. With that said, I took another pregnancy test today (FRER) and a very very very faint pink line showed up around the one minute mark. A photo doesn’t really pick it up but I included a black and white and inverted photo of it. Does anyone else see what I’m seeing?

View attachment 92764 View attachment 92763 Thank you both for the reply’s. I bought an over the counter treatment for a yeast infections and since starting that it has gone away. With that said, I took another pregnancy test today (FRER) and a very very very faint pink line showed up around the one minute mark. A photo doesn’t really pick it up but I included a black and white and inverted photo of it. Does anyone else see what I’m seeing?
I see very faint lines there I would test again in 2 days time. Good luck

I tested again on Saturday and the line was still there maybe even darker but still very faint. I wanted to see if it would get darker so I waited two days and tested again yesterday (Monday) once again with a FRER. It was a bfn. I haven’t experienced any bleeding but I started having cramps today. Do you think this is a chemical? Or could the test yesterday have been more diluted? I’m not sure how much a line should progress over two days and if it’s possible to get a negative after two positives and still be pregnant. I included a photo of the test from Saturday (top) alongside the test from Monday (bottom). Any insight would help so m

24DF99BA-5E0C-40CA-8EB8-1EFEF67ACA29.jpeg

I’d think it’s a possibly pregnancy sign. I’ve had some weird discharge like that too before getting a positive test. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back