Strange day

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Had a weird day today. Had MW at 10am.

This morning I had some dark discharge, followed by some pinky discharge. The MW said it was a show. But it wasn't a lot, only when I wiped (and then later today there was a bit on my pad and a good tissueful when I wiped) Sorry if TMI! :oops:

Baby didn't move until about lunchtime (normally within 10-15 mins after I've had my tea and toast she gets the hiccups, every morning), MW said she thinks something is going to happen soon and that I should go home and rest (obviously I then dashed round town to get my TENS, round Tesco to get supplies and to B&Q to get protective sheeting). Been having quite a bit of back ache, though it eased up this afternoon (god dammit!) and is starting to come back now. She said if baby didn't move by 2pm to call the labour ward and they would get me to go in to be monitored, but she has been moving this afternoon (albeit a lot less than normal).

On Friday I went to see the nurse as I've been having back ache since last Wednesday at least (like PP) and I took in a wee sample. The same wee sample was sent for testing (I had a silver pot and a red pot). The silver pot showed Lucocytes and they said I had a water infection, the red pot results came back clear with no Lucocytes :? So I don't understand why I have been in so much pain, especially when emptying my bladder.

I am still the same amount engaged (3/5) although I would've sworn the baby was lower, and the MW measured my belly when I was having a real bad BH so it was well huge and had grown 5cm since my last appointment two weeks ago. She also said my BP was fine when it was at a level my normal MW considers high. She was a lovely MW but I felt disappointed at not seeing my normal one, especially at this late stage. She really involved DH though and got him to feel the different body parts of baby which was nice. Normally my little bub jumps around when I have my appointments and it was freaky for her to remain so still, so I am glad that she's moved a bit now. And the MW called me later today to check and see if I'd felt movement which I thought was nice of her.

Kind of hard to explain how I am feeling now, I really really want to get the baby out now, and as she's told me that she thinks something is going to happen soon every twinge has me wondering whether this is it. I've definately been feeling more crampy, so who knows, maybe she'll be here soon. Though now I'm expecting something to happen I guarantee she'll go overdue and this will be the longest 4 weeks of my life!!

Well at least you are on the right side of things!!

I have had cronic back pain today, like period pain but i have had a water infection for 2 weeks, is that what you had back ache and feeling generally unwell?

Surely having 2 lots of antiboitics should have cleared the water infection by now, i have been feeling worse over the last couple of days.
Back ache is terrible and strong BH which i expect at the stage anyway.

Just fed up with it all now,

Good luck hun, hope something kicks off for you soon.

:D :D

Hi ya

Aww hun you poor thing, no wonder you're feeling at 6s and 7s (is that right phrase? Having serious pg brain today!). Sounds like not having your usual MW has added to the stress of it all as well.

At least you're ready for Ella now, so your dashing round today was worthwhile as it's not like you've got a panic on to get everything in! If she doesn't come for another 4 wks at least you know she wasn't ready to and will give you a few more weeks of rest, however if the MW thinks she might come along early then she must've had good reason to say so - you might get that early present after all!

I don't think I've really helped at all :? Just to let you know we're all here for you and I'll be checking the arrivals board just in case!! :)

Lucy
32 + 1

rosieroo said:
Baby didn't move until about lunchtime (normally within 10-15 mins after I've had my tea and toast she gets the hiccups, every morning), MW said she thinks something is going to happen soon and that I should go home and rest

Perfect!! i was going to make a post about this today.

My friend said yesterday that her midwife told her, if your baby gets hic ups then you wont be going in to labour within the next 24 hours.

I find that really strange, how can they tell that?! so was going to make a poll to see if it worked out true with anyone on here.

so now you can test this theroy for me hehe :D

Coby gets hic ups everyday so im waiting for the day where he doesnt get any to see if it is some sort of sign.

anyway, im rambling, hope all is well Roise, let us know! :D

xxx

Hi Rosie..how are you doing now??? Got an update for us? Wonder if Laylas MW theory could be true?!
Take care xx

I'm ok, still crampy (and babe had hiccups in bed last night so if the theory is right then I'll not be in labour today!)

Hi rosieroo

I asked my midwife about that hic up thing yesterday, she said she had not heard of it before, my mate insists her midwife told her that tho so im intrested to see if there is any truth in it.

you had any twinges or anything?

Feeling 'periody' and had some bleeding this morning after doing my duty, but have been feeling crampy for days. I went for a walk up to Haytor Rock yesterday which was a killer as it was so windy and cold, but all that did was give me shaky legs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back