Stories of factor V Leiden heterozygous pregnancies

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by sarah120281, Jul 25, 2016.

1. sarah120281

sarah120281 Well-Known Member

I am currently waiting for my depo to run out so I can try for a 2nd baby, does anyone have any stories of having a baby and having this condition. I only found out I had it in April after suffering 3 miscarriages last year, my first pregnancy was fine except I have negative blood too which caused me a bit of worrying, but they just induced me to make sure we were both ok!

I know I'll have to inject daily, to thin my blood. I have never had any blood clots or clues I had this. I have a terrible fear of dying, I am scared something will go wrong in labour and that me or the baby or both will die. My last miscarriage was a bad one I lost a lot of blood and lost consciousness it was very traumatising. That sticks in my mind thinking what if I cannot stop bleeding during delivery. I have faith that this time with the injections it might work out! Xx

2. scn

scn Well-Known Member

3. SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady Well-Known Member

I don't have personal experience of it but my grandmother had it and so did my auntie.
    My auntie never tried for children, but to give you hope, my grandmother had 6 healthy children! She didn't know she had it until she was very old. My auntie's condition became very serious, but only as she did not know she had it. Good luck! X

4. sarah120281

sarah120281 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information this time, I am hopeful it will be ok X