Stopped answering the phone now

star fish

Reaction score
Its so inconsiderate when people ring up isnt it?

Firstly it takes me half a minute to manage to get up off the sofa by which time the answering machine has come on anyway and they have hung up!

Secondly my mobile always seems to be at the other end of the house to me, if I'm upstairs it is down and if I'm downstairs I have left it up. Honestly do they expect me to carry it bloody everywhere with me?

Thirdly people ring the landline and then the mobile and its just like harrassment and makes me grumpy

and forth, I am napping a lot in the day - stop waking me up with your pointless phone calls!!

Oh and fifth, NO, I HAVENT GIVEN BIRTH YET! Don't ring to check, I will let you know

And 6 - Don't leave me irritating messages saying "Oh you are not answering, you must be in labour!" so that I feel obliged to ring you back

I'm just going to ignore it from now on............

Last edited:
Lol! Ah mrs :hug:

My Mum is a fan of ringing the home phone, you run downstairs, miss it, and then she's ringing the mobile and leaving a msg :roll:

xx

Oh jeez, mine does that too. My MIL is even worse, she rings several times in a row because she knows my answerphone kicks in quickly and seems to think that if she rings again and again I will eventually get to the phone!

Umm hello? 1471? I already knew it was her after the first time, if I wanted to speak to her I would have called back.........

(I think I've become intolerant to social norms, eek!)

I hear you ladies and totally agree!!!

Infact ive thought bout turning house phone/mobile off during day when im trying to nap but cos girls at school i darent incase school need to ring me!

I also get people coming round all the time which annoys me, espec my mil she has her own key and quite often just lets herself in!!!

xx

It's so annoying isn't it. At least if people ring the mobile you can turn it off when I nap.

Theres one woman at work that people joke is like directory enquires, she'll ring you up for any reason once she has your number. I specifically told her don't ring me til after 3.30pm when my son is home or else I might be napping, yet she always rings at about 12noon she just can't help herself >:-(

I hear you ladies and totally agree!!!

I also get people coming round all the time which annoys me, espec my mil she has her own key and quite often just lets herself in!!!

xx

WOAH! I so could not handle that! Can't you take it off her?

I've unplugged my house phone frigging thing!!!!!! Bloody payment protection shit!!!!!!! Lol have to have my mobile on though in case hubby rings and he panics if I don't answer then when I do I get a bollocking!!!!! :-/.......with regards to mil having a key.......omg I couldn't cope with that!!!! Too much of an invasion mine owns a pub so we don't see her unless we go there lol xxxx

No way could I let any family member have a house key. The only exception would be if we were going on hols and need someone to check in. But I would collect the key as soon as I got back.

I'm not looking forward to the final weeks and getting texts and calls. Thankfully hubby works 5 mins away so he will prob drop in at lunchtime so shouldn't need to have mobile on. He knows full well I'll call humid anything should happen.xx

Hugs hun. I unplugged the landline in the end because it was driving me barmy. I was even bursting into tears every time it rang, I just wanted leaving alone. Do people really thing you'll hve the baby and not tell anyone?

My LO is nearly 4 weeks old and I've stilll got it unplugged at times. He's quite fussy and not a great sleeper and people keep ringing when I've just settled him which wakes him up. I'm turning into a hermit, people are just getting on my nerves.

LOl, I am hermitting as well! I think it's totally normal and I expect to do it even more once baby is born. I have even considered moving abroad because I just want to be left alone!

The reason mil had the key was to look after the dog when we went away, just forgot to ask for it back, hubby says to leave my key in the door so she cant get in but then she'll knock n knock til i answer anyway! xx

i've actually stopped ringing people as well cos they answer really excitedly asking if i've had the baby! the telephone is currently the worst invention ever!!

lololol ohhhhh yessss I hate the phone too!!

I NEVER answer when my mother calls but unfortunately she seems to have discovered with holding her number so I have been caught out a couple of times................so now am not answering at all!!

I was exactly the same! I got so vexed and hated people saying "not long now" I bloody know not long now, I'm the one having the baby!

I was the same about wanting to be left alone in the early days. I think I rubbed a few people up the wrong way but I don't care. She's my baby & I didn't want people pawing at her when she was merely hours old. Alot of people didn't come for weeks and even then I hated it! X

I have to confess I'm really worried about how rude and tactless I can be when I'm tired!

If anyone rings me in the mornings and wakes me up I have been known to answer the phone with "I seriously hope someone is dead to be calling me this early!" and that's when I dont know who it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back