Stop stealing! grrrrr

Blanco

Reaction score
Today I have lost my 2nd boy name. Me and hubby decided years ago on a boy name and a friend ours made it public when they got pregnant it was their boy choice so even though they had a girl if we were ever to use it it looks like we stole it .... Now no one even knows we are ttc so its not an issue ( publicly ) so we thought of a fab new/old boy name about three months ago and today's Facebook status shows a relative has stolen my name AGAIN. Now I know they never knew it was mine and that I'm not even pregnant yet and that I could have a girl but grrrrr theives the lot of em.... Sorry just had to vent x

its annoying, i know. We liked emelia and my cousin called her little girl emily. theyre not the same, but too close to use i think :(/

I know its stupid but you already have a daydream don't you? Of all the bloody names they could have chosen! Oh well if anyone nicks my girl name there will be war ... Thing is this person has gotten pregnant since we have been ttc so I feel like we were I. The que first. X

Last edited:
Argh! This really annoys me as well! Like you say, when you're trying to keep ttc under wraps its hard to do anything about it, but it's still frustrating. I've lost loads of the names I love, I'm sure there won't be any left by the time it's our turn! X

I wouldn't let it stop me!!! If you really like a name I'd go for it anyway. If I'd had a baby and named it a certain name and 6 months, a year or whatever a friend called there's the same I'd think it was a compliment that they like the name

I haven't got a favourite name yet but this thread reminds me of that bit in sex and the city when someone steals Charlotte's baby name.. Charlotte: "SHE stole my baby name!!" Samantha: "You B*tch!!!!!" so funny..

On another note every name I do think of I seem to know someone with it already - what can you do?!! JoJo what about Amelia (I think you should go with what you want but its a similar option)..

My sister "stole" my girls name, but then she's got two girls and I've got five boys so no need for a girls name. It still peeves me though x

Glad in not the only one haha. I love sex in the city I need a Samantha to fight my corner hehe. These people are too close to us for us to have the same name also one if them had a girl so if we take the name then it looks Like we copied them because they publicly announced their boy and girl name before birth and im there muttering to hubby under my breath 'but that's ours'. Star101 Your right, Amelia is not as much like Emily as Emilia what do you think jojo?
Cosmic girl I bet your girl names are precious to you... I have two girls so that's probably why im hung up on my boy names

Every single name I have liked over the years has been stolen by family members, none of them knew the names I liked but still...saying that my OH didnt like any of my choices anyway so I didnt stand much chance of getting them x

we only have one boy name so i'm hoping that when my BIL has her baby that they don't call it that as they don't know what they are having. i have a few girls names so i can pick and choose those but boys names don't come easily to me

annoyingly i like isabella but my brothers gf likes that and 4 of my friends have called there kids isabel or isabella. so i won't be having that.

ive been pritty lucky no one stole my kids names the only thing that does bugg me is i want to call a boy Callum my SIL called her boy camron so OH says its to close

someone has actualy stole our ame after we have named our daughter my daughter is 3 and called Gabriella my partners boss at work just had a baby and told my partner she used Gabriella as a middle name we have sence found out threw people she used it as first were a bit gutted but then were like it was our ame first

I have 2 friends with a son called Matthew. It was the only name we liked so who cares we used it. I really don't understand this problem people have. I had a friend who got upset with me because i called my cat Izzy because if she ever had a daughter she would call it isabelle and use izzy for short. Apparently she would never be able to use it. Then a lot of my friends say they would like to use Lilly buit I already called my daughter that so they can't. I always tell them if they want it use it. I don't care.

I say use what you want.

So far none of my friends have used any names on our short list. I'm sure that will change! If you love a name then go for it.

I remember my mum telling me my aunt was cross with my other aunt when one used the middle name of my cousin as her childs first name. In the end she was ok (and a bit flattered) by it.

Snowbee I don't want her to be flattered I want her to give it back hahaha only joking x

We picked a name before our 20 week scan with my daughter for a boy and girl......and i got it from gurgle.com in the name section under ''quirkey'! And when we announced the name everyone said they had never heard of it! And annoyingly every time I say it i have to repeat it lots of times and even spell it to people! But good thing is thre are no other kids with the same name at pre-school, nursery or anywhere I have ever been! lol

btw her name is Mirren!

We have our girl and boys first and middle name picked and I will cry my eyes out if anyone close to us picks them. My sil is pregnant at the mo with a girl and I'm so sure she'll pick our girls name, even though she doesn't know it. Xxx

None of my friends have chosen the names I like I want Jayden for a boy or Alyssa for a girl but I've got 4+ friends having a baby at the min so I'm just hopeing they don't choose the names I like because I can't think of any others I like x

If your openly ttc you can get your dibs on names by publicly getting it out there but because no one would even think I would have a baby now I can't even moan x

Last edited:
call your baby what you like hun dont worry about anyone else x

when I got pregnant my SIL made a big issue about us NOT calling a boy "Connor" as its HER name and if she ever has a boy she will be calling him Connor, so we were not allowed to call our son that.

She is a lesbian and has never had kids, nor was she pregnant at the time. (As far as I know, no plans to have kids in the near future!!)

as it turns out we had a girl. If we had a boy I would have considered Connor just out of principle!!! (if she had asked us nicely, and explained that the name is her favourite and she and her girlfriend had already discussed names, and said "please dont call your kid Connor" then I would have taken it a bit better

but being told I WAS NOT ALLOWED to call my son something, well that just pissed me off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back