Stocking up on the nappies

bbee

Reaction score
When do you start stocking up on nappies?! xxx

Yeah when they are cheap lol. Ive started stacking up now. Even wipes and nappy bags etc xxx

I've started getting them on offer. I'm bit fussy about brands and trying them all including supermarket own brands so
We can see what we like as we go on.

I have been buying them for about a month or so, used all my vouchers for 50% off at aldi from the Emma's diary packs, or maybe it was bounty :/ but one or the other! And then just been buying ones that are on offer from the supermarkets! Same with baby wipes xxx

Thanks ladies! Going to buy what's ever on offer and a bit of everything from pampers to asda home brand and see how they compare. Not going to waste money on big brands if they're just as good as home brands lol :) xxx

Just tri hopping ladies. I didnt get loads of nappies as you can never be sure that your little one wont be allergic to one type of brand. I have bought loads of different brands and I'm going to try them out when little one is here to see which brand we both prefer xxx

My advice is not to stock up!

I post this same advice is every nappy thread :shock:

Babies may not suit a certain brand or they may grow out of the smallest sizes very quickly. James went up to size 2's when he was a week old as he pee'd upwards so we needed nappies with a bigger back. We were stuck with loads of nappies we couldn't use.

By all means by a few packs but I would wait until baby is here before stocking up - there are special offers on all the time

Same goes with toiletries. Wait until baby is here and see what suits their skin before you buy a truckload :lol:

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I always stock up. Own brands are as good and cheeper. I won 6 packs of tesco newborn nappys and brought two packs of sainsburys and ill leave it at that . Lasttime i brought 13 packs of newborn 2 and struggled on last two packs so slightly too many , my baby was 6 lb 6 but grew fast!

Each type of nappy will suit diff babies eg mine dont have rolly chunky thighs but those that do might beed diff fittingnappys, and unforunately as they grow and change shape this can keep changing, but generally get some of each type.

I prefer huggies types, asda, morrisons,sains,tesco ( with velcro tab) instead of pampers types with stickytabs

My advice is not to stock up!

I post this same advice is every nappy thread :shock:

Babies may not suit a certain brand or they may grow out of the smallest sizes very quickly. James went up to size 2's when he was a week old as he pee'd upwards so we needed nappies with a bigger back. We were stuck with loads of nappies we couldn't use.

By all means by a few packs but I would wait until baby is here before stocking up - there are special offers on all the time

Same goes with toiletries. Wait until baby is here and see what suits their skin before you buy a truckload :lol:

xxxxxxx

I completely agree. My lo leaks through everything but pampers where as my friend swears by tesco. I wasted so much money having bought loads when on offer and them not suiting my lo.

I've starting stocking up, but only because we are doing cloth nappies :) the adjustable ones...
I've bought a few different ones to start with but closer to birth I'll be ordering the bulk of mine :)

I've starting stocking up, but only because we are doing cloth nappies :) the adjustable ones...
I've bought a few different ones to start with but closer to birth I'll be ordering the bulk of mine :)

I was thinking about doing this, this time. How absorbent are these reusable nappies? I'm just a bit wary of baby feeling wet quicker. How many are you buying hun? xxx

Altogether we will probably get about 20 (I think), we saw a few different brands at Baby Show and OH has done quite a bit of research into it recently.

They become more absorbent the more they're washed, so we are going to wash our 1/2 dozen times before baby comes, we prefer the ones with the shell (the waterproof outer) with the cloth insert and reusable liners, we have found a company that do cloth inserts / liners that dry in about an hour, which is perfect.
It's a big upfront expense, but it could* save us a lot in the future, I mean baby could not like them and that's tough for us, but we are going to try out best, I've heard great things about them :)

Yeah, PM me your email address and I'll put you something together after work :)

I have a 45 pack of pampers new baby nappies courtesy of my SIL - she is buying me more too but apart from that I won't be stocking up as you never know if baby will be too big for them or too small for them etc. I have been told that more expensive ones are better for the first few weeks while their poos are nasty. After that I intend to use cheaper ones and cash in all my aldi vouchers hehe.

I have however started stocking up on baby wipes and nappy bags :) x

Last edited:
Consider Adli's brand Mamia my friend swears by themher lo never gets any leaks. Size 1 for 24 was £1.69 and 44 size 2 were £2.99.

Starting after the next scan.

I've read that's Asdas home brand are really good & highly recommended. Read nappies reviews somewhere.

I will be getting the. £4 for 44 think it was

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back