Stitches!! Urgent question.

Jellybeanjen

Reaction score
I have stitches from my 2 episiotomies and when I wipe I have seen like...bits of thread on the tissue!! I assume these are the sutures but is this normal. I feel a bit naive thinking that they actually dissolve and not like...break and fall off when ready haha. Is it normal for bits if thread to come off? I'm worried. Xxx

Tapatalking so I can't see sigs x

I had stitches inside and out and about 3 days after birth I wiped and a big clump of them came out!!

Showed the midwife and she said it was perfectly normal. Definitely ask yours though just to put your mind at ease x

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

You will get buts of thread yeah. Lovely stuff

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Oh thank goodness! I thought I'd pulled them off or something! I feel like a plonker thinking they actually dissolved like fizzed off hahaha. Xxx

Oh thank goodness! I thought I'd pulled them off or something! I feel like a plonker thinking they actually dissolved like fizzed off hahaha. Xxx

Don't feel like a plonker!!! I thought exactly the same x

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Oh yes, that just brought back a memory of dtd after another gynae op I had. Well before I was even thinking about pregnancy and babies so I had no idea. They do call them dissolvable stitches, very misleading!

It is so misleading! I wish I knew before haha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back