Stitches.. ouch help..

charlotteheys85

Reaction score
i had my LO on saturday last week,
i expect it to hurt down there but its throbbin really bad, and aching.. i cant stand up or walk around for long without it becomming really bad..

is this just the healing process??

xx

Have some hugs hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I remember them hurting and pinching! After my first I had to sit on a rubber ring lol! Did you have a lot of stitches?! Remember also it will all be bruised too! If they get too uncomfortable tell you MW when she visits! She will make sure they arent infected and she might even have to undo one or two if they are too tight!
Hey have you posted your birth story?! (total change of subject lol)

Id say yes, just watch for infection hun. I couldnt walk or sit down properly for a good few weeks and getting out of a chair was a nightmare and took about 5 minutes and lots of ooo's and ouches!!!. Just rest alot, keep everything really clean. It takes a while for things to go back to normal :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi hun, yes achy and throbby is exactly what I had - depending on the extent of your stitches and if you had an episiotomy (sp?) it may last a few weeks BUT it eases off a little bit each day. An icepack in your knickers helps and put you feet up when you can - your poor bits have just gone a round with a mini-Mike Tyson and need time to recover. Also do your pelvic floor exercises whenever you remember - it's meant to help with blood flow in the area and the healing process :hug:

IsaB said:
Hi hun, yes achy and throbby is exactly what I had - depending on the extent of your stitches and if you had an episiotomy (sp?) it may last a few weeks BUT it eases off a little bit each day. An icepack in your knickers helps and put you feet up when you can - your poor bits have just gone a round with a mini-Mike Tyson and need time to recover. Also do your pelvic floor exercises whenever you remember - it's meant to help with blood flow in the area and the healing process :hug:

thanks for replies girls..

i've not been doin pelvic floors so i'll start,, i got a pain behind my cliteros wen i try :oops: :oops:

my stitches were on each side on inside.. ouch lol..

xxx

complete sympathy with you I remeber that feeling well. Ask your MW to have a look for you, it may just be that thereare one or two pulling a bit tight that she could remove for you.
I used to just make sure I had a bath every day with a couple of cap fulls of dettol in the water to keep as clean and dry as possible. Hope your feeling less bruised soon :hug:

nazmomi said:
complete sympathy with you I remeber that feeling well. Ask your MW to have a look for you, it may just be that thereare one or two pulling a bit tight that she could remove for you.
I used to just make sure I had a bath every day with a couple of cap fulls of dettol in the water to keep as clean and dry as possible. Hope your feeling less bruised soon :hug:

thx for reply.. if they are pulling abit tight, would she remove/;re-do them, i'm not sure i could bare morepain down there lol.. do they use a local on you? xxx

Hun they just snip them and dont re-do them! You wont need a local or anything she will do it in your home when she visits! :hug: :hug: Its doesnt hurt to have them taken out! (well it never hurt me lol it was an instant relief! One stitch after Lucy was so tight and sore it was horrid! The MW said she didnt even understand why there was one where it was lol I said because Joe paid her to put extra stitches in lmao!! :rotfl: )

lea m said:
Hun they just snip them and dont re-do them! You wont need a local or anything she will do it in your home when she visits! :hug: :hug: Its doesnt hurt to have them taken out! (well it never hurt me lol it was an instant relief! One stitch after Lucy was so tight and sore it was horrid! The MW said she didnt even understand why there was one where it was lol I said because Joe paid her to put extra stitches in lmao!! :rotfl: )

lol hahaha!! i'm going to use that one o say to OH lol..

i might ask middy to check, shes nxt round on sunday..
they've done one near my (cliteros :oops: ) and its really pulling... when i do pelvic floors its killing! i dunno if its the stitch or somethin else xx

Try lavender oil in your bath, if you put a couple of drops into a teaspoon of milk it dilutes it (instead of it floating on top of the water)
It will get better. My stitches were the only thing I cried about after having DD, they were soooo sore.

charlotteheys85 said:
they've done one near my (cliteros :oops: ) and its really pulling... when i do pelvic floors its killing! i dunno if its the stitch or somethin else xx
Oh that sounds painful hun! You have millions of nerves there! :shock: I can only imagine how painful it must get! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back