Stitch like pain on side while sleeping - woke me up

Alexis2017

Reaction score
Hello new Mummies to be
Anyone ever been woke up middle of the night by a stitch like pain? I woke up to this weird pain in my left side but high up - from under my ribs down my left side . I had to get up and walk about for 5 minutes and it disappeared? Not sure I need to see anyone about it? It's new for me. I have my 16 wk midwife appt tmrw so I can speak to her tmrw.

I just wanted to check if it's a known thing or not?

Last edited:
Hi alexis could it have been round ligament pain? I had that quite a lot when pregnant, if I turned over in bed quickly or if I sneezed it was like a sharp pain on one side. Worth mentioning to the midwife just for reassurance xx

I would mention it to midwife but it’s likely to be stretching/moving pain. Everything gets squished and moved when your body is trying to make space for a baby! Did you manage to get your time changed or was that a different appointment?

I would mention it to midwife but it’s likely to be stretching/moving pain. Everything gets squished and moved when your body is trying to make space for a baby! Did you manage to get your time changed or was that a different appointment?

No but my boss is letting me take the say off as a holiday tmrw so that's much better. So still in at 12 tmrw so will see what she says. I have felt more achey today on and off just as if I've been at the gym or just feeling heavy and stiff and tired!! It's all so new and unknown. I think the main thing is it's so different for everyone that it's hard to know what's normal for you. I felt flutters tonight for 1st time and heard babies heart beat so hopefully wee cherub is doing well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back