Stipped Membranes X2

Ladybug1

Reaction score
Well, I went today for the second time this week to have my membranes stripped. We will see if it worked the second go around. I got home and walked like crazy around my neighborhood. Hopefully tonight will be the night that this whole wonderful experience will soon be coming to an end. Good luck to everyone else!!

Hey ladybug, how come you have had a sweep before 40weeks?
My midwife wount let me, dispite the fact I have said that I will not be induced. I want to ty every alternative first. I have also been looking into reflexology.

Did the sweep hurt or leave you feeling sore afterwards?

Also have you had any signs yet that the baby is thinking about making an apperance? are you dilating, engaged, had a show etc?

Sorry lots of quesions, Im due monday, and my li'l bugger is showing no signs of making an apperance yet!

Cat- Sorry I haven't responed. I went and had a baby. Okay, she swept my membranes because my first baby was very big and I had a hard time delivering him so she thought this baby was going to be big as well and wanted to bring her as early has possible to prevent another traumatic birth. My son, who is 4, suffered my neonatal seizures due to the vacuum extraction. So, I went in Wednesday, had my membranes stripped again. It was definitely uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I went home, walked around my block for a while and just waited. Nothing happened until the phone rang and it was the hospital letting me know they had opened up a spot for me to be induced the next morning at 8. The labor and delivery went fantastic. I had already dialated to a 3 prior to going in and was 60% effaced. My labor progressed throughout the day and I delivered my 7lb. 13 oz. little girl, JULIA REESE, at 5:58 pm. She was fine and so am I. I am so glad to have it over with. Now I've moved on to sore nipples and long sleepless nights. Oh what fun it all is. So what is your status? Any baby yet? God bless and hope all is well. Ladybug

Ah Ladybug, congratulations, good to hear sweep worked for you! (damn, another one who beat me!lol!)

I have had sweeps the last couple of days now, second one hurt a bit as the doctor was a bit more rough. Still no sign of bbay although Im 50% effaced, my cervix has shortened to 1/2cm and Im 1cm dilated!
I have reflexology booked for this afternoon, so fingers crossed I wont have much longer to wait!

wow! congratulations ladybug!!!! hopefully my lil one will make her appearance soon! im so exited my mum is going to try and feed me castor oil next week if nothing! :D good luck cat you will be next hopefully! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back