Stinking cold - want baby to stay in a bit longer!

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Sarah W Baby Belly, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I've woken up with a stinking cold today and now the thought of going into labour fills me with horror! :cry:

So I am going to rest up, eat loads of chicken soup and pray the little one doesn't come early!

Hoping the cold doesn't turn into a cough as the only thing that makes me feel better is brandy, but I don't think it is very suitable at the moment! LOL :lol:

Bugger off cold! Very bad timing!

2. pips

pips Well-Known Member

awww sarah, big hug!
    keep yourself warm and drink lots of nice hot drinks (honey and lemon if poss)
    look after yourself! your little one should understand lol
    xx

3. Kerry

Kerry Well-Known Member

I too have had a horrid cold this week but have found that 'breathe right nasal strips' to be an absolute godsend!!

Get well soon!!

4. Steelers fan

Steelers fan Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah, I had a really bad cold 2/3 weeks ago and started to pray the baby wouldn't come while I was ill......now I wish it had!!! So bored and still in pain so what the hell bring it on!!!
    Seriously the honey and lemon did help and the odd glass of brandy just before you go the bed at this stage really won't make any difference. ( I had a glass of wine yesterday after my sweep, thought I deserved it!!!) Hope you feel better soon, Love Tracy x