Still waiting to be rehoused at 32 weeks

bossbump

Reaction score
hi ladies im 32 weeks and living in a Second floor flat. {three flights of steps} :D Just wish i could move so can get everything ready. We a bit cramped and have no room for the babys things. anyone else anxious about moving so close to birth.

i sort of know how you feel hun only im a bit different, were currently living in a private let house and have been here for just over a year. We have only been offerd one house and it couldnt have been any worse area there were junkies lived next door at both ends and inside the house was a mess it was junkies who had it before so as u can guess we turned it down. The worrying thing is that the lease is up in the end of march and our baby is due on the 21st and the landlord only has to give us 14 days nottice to move out we havent herd anything yet but i guess there is still time and every week on a friday i call the councill housing to see if there is any sign of a house and we get told the same story every week if the landlord decides to terminate our tennancy then we will have no other choice but to go homeless for at a maximum of 4 weeks and i just know that they will offer us that same house we were offerd cos its still empty.

i just hate the fact that junkies alcholoics and sex offenders get everything there has been 8 houses empty in the year we have lived in this village and its either been a sex offender, junkie, single guy whos an alcholic or a younge couple who has had the first chance. It makes me mad that the council see our situation as we have a roof over our head and wont do anything untill we are made homeless. We currently pay £450 rent and thats unfurnished plus full council tax and all teh other bills i dont work as i lost my job when i found out i was pregnant and my partners wages are crap so at the end of each month were lucky if we have £100 for food :( :(

sprry to go on but i really hope you get your house soon as i know how stressfull it is
let me know if you hear any news

I'm in a similar situation to you Weestar. We are also in a privately rented house, paying £550 per month rent. It is cold, tiny and doesn't have a bath. :( The owners are horrible, and constantly lie to the letting agents about things we have supposedly done. I hate the house, and the thought of bringing a baby back to it just makes me cry. We both work full-time, and would love to get a mortgage and own our own house, but the cheapest 3 bed semi around here is £130,000 and that would need about £20,000 spend on it before anyone moved in. There is no way on Earth we could afford that mortgage, especially as I will shortly be on maternity pay, and then for the next 4 years paying about £600 per month in childcare.

We have been on the council list for over 2 years, but we only have 113 points and to be rehoused in this area, you need at least 134. Even if the landlords give us notice, and we are declared homeless, we would spend at least 8 months in a homeless hostel in one of the worst areas near here. :( We do luckily have a friend who is a housing officer at the local council, and he is getting us all the information for Housing Association houses. At least it would be more stable than where we are at the minute. We've just got to hope that there is something available when we get the information.

Weestar - are you sure that they only have to give you 14 days notice? I was told my our friend that it was 60 days either way. There is also a new law coming out on 6th April which will hopefully help tenants like us. not sure of the details, but it should help. I'll see if I can dig anything out for you.

yeah hun im looking at the agreement as i type we have to give them 14 days clear nottice and they have to give us 14 working days nottice so not sure if thats just the same as 14 days. We only have 60 points and to get a house here u need at least 90 we got an extra 10 points at the beginning of the year because we have been on the list for over a year but no way can we afford to stay here another 3 yrs not knowing if your going to be put out or not. I really wish they would do something about teh way the whole system works including the way the benefits are delt with. hope you have some luck soon tankett xx

You too Weestar. It's a horrid situation to be in, but I'm sure things will get better for both of us soon.

hi hun i feel like crap at the mo, tryin to get a house sorted i live in a private rented house at the mo, iv moved 3 times in 2yrs due to landlords wantin to either sell up or move bk in, ild love the council 2 offer me a place at least then i no it wud b secure the house im in now is 3bed and lovely but was up on the market for sale b4 we moved in. so i shud av known, well r 6 month tenancy agreement is due 2b renewed 2 june (baby due 21 may) and i no landlord wants house bk on the market 4the summer, there is a average 3yr waitin list for concil house (due 2 all the asylum seekers) and if i go on the homeless list u wud neva believe were ild b offerd. its really gettin me down, just want sumwere i can call home :cry:

Housing is terrible in all areas for families. My friewnd Tanya and her Partner and Baby are all homeless. Her tennancy ran out in Dec they stayed in the property till about 3 weeks ago not paying rent. They now live with her parents and three brothers in a 3 bed Council house. I know of another girl my partners friends sister her baby is 3 months old now and she lives in a third floor one bed flat. My friend jennifer the same but second floor. My friend ashleigh whos partner commited suicide on the same row of flats and now has a 7 month old son to him and they will not move her. That is full of junkies and is one bedroomed. Its terrible and something should be done. Their is a Gay man who my partner knows of who was moaning to him at the shop about having an un even garden in his 2 bed new house of the housing. And a spanish man also on he bus the other day bragging he has a 3 bed bungalow. Where is the justice in that something must be done. I have written complaint after complaint to the councl and every housing assosiation in our area. We will be waiting 18 months to 5 years they said. So we staying put i guess. If you pivate tenancy is out and they are offering you garbage property invest in a note pad,envelopes and stamps and get writing to people. I would even conside writing the local paper . CAB office and proper show them up they deserve it. well i enjoyed that moan ha ha GOOD LUCK ps you will get their with detirmination do their bloody heads in with snotty letters and e-mails i flippin have. :p

hi hun were currently doing that every friday the housing must hate when it comes to 1pm as my partner rings them up every friday withought fail unfortunatley we just get told the same thing unless we are declairing ourselves as homeless then their is nothing they can do untill a house becomes available i just dont get why in the yr we have lived in this village they have brought in

1 sex offender
5 couples with drink problems
6 new junkies all have at least a 2 bedroom house each and they live on their own

1 teenage girl who has just turned 16 ok i feel sorry for her but her kid is in care cos shes taking heroin (not sure of spelling)

just makes me sick

its not fair i just want sumwhere secure and safe 2raise my babies i live in nice area now but only 6month tenacy agreement i dont want 2 even buy blinds to fit my windows as this place aint mine and i cud b given 8wks notice 2leave ne time........

oh i feel better after my moan, il sleep better now 2night x

I HATE THE WAY THE SYSTEM WORKS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

sorry just pisses me off why the hell we have to go into private let pay over the odds and they feckers get everything thats going makes me sick!!

feel better now too :lol:

Hi ladies im still at the flat. Got 10 days left but its decorated now. I suppose its better than being homeless. Finding it had to climb the stairs as im so so big but ive got a home at least. Thanx for all your posts on this subject i enjoyed my moan.

Hi hun im really sorry u still havent git out of that flat yet. We were down at the council to tell them about us now having 2 kids and we just cant afford the rent here and all they said to us was well only option is to go homeless or take the house we were offerd when we first moved here wich was stuck in the middle of a sex offender at one end and a junkie at the other so they were told do go take 2 f**ks to themselves, no way was i bringing my kids up in that and putting them in the eyes of a sex offender. It is good to have a moan hun it really is but would love to know when the goverment is going to stop helping the bums that dont want to do nothing except screw the social and we get nothing!!

surely one day we will come on and the topic will be 'the councill have given us a home'' (wishfull thinking....lol)

take care hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back