Still trying and in need of support

mrspc

Reaction score
Hi girls.

I was here a few months ago mainly lurking but decided to give the forum up for a while as I was making myself crazy stressing over ttc. It obviously didn't help so I'm back!!

We're still trying - I'm 32 and it's been 15 or so months since I came off the pill - I can't believe it is taking so long. We don't always get to try every month cos my husband works shifts and sometimes I don't see him for 4-5 days and if that falls during fertile period we're obviously out for that month. This makes it hard when AF comes and I know I can't try again for ages.

I thought we were in with a chance this month and I had loads of weird cramps a couple of days after ov - I've never had those before. But the witch is due at the weekend and today I can feel her coming - I just want to cry my eyes out. Sorry to be a wimp but it's horrible isn't it?

Officially hate the 2ww and the witch!!

NY resolution to go to GP and get all the tests... so scared.

Good luck to all you ladies xx

Hi hun welcome back.

Sorry to hear its taking longer than hoped. I think its drummed into us how easy it is to fall pregnant wen thats nit the reality of it.

How hav ur cycles been since coming off the pill?

I think thats a good new yrs resolution hun as at least u will know either way.

Good luck and fx 2012 will bring ur bfp xx

Thanks, Bellarina.

Cycles are pretty regular - 28 days with ov on day 13/14 - slight fluctuation now and again. I stopped doing opks as part of my effort to be more relaxed about trying but I notice every little twinge in my body instead and can tell ov from pain and ewcm.

I know I need to go to Dr but am sad cos hoped we could just do it on our own - I know that sounds silly.

Where are you up to with ttc?

xxx

I dont think that sounds silly at all hun

The journey hasnt been smooth for me either. I came off pill in july and cycle 1 was 36 days; cycle 2 was 37 days; then cycle 3 was 80 days.....i only started cycle 4 few days ago.
Went to drs cycle day 75 and she sent me for blood tests so waiting to hear back.

Id naievely thiught ttc would b fairly simple but here i am taking agnus castus an waitin to findout if i hav any probs....but hey if it gets me my baby il do anything.

I think it wood b good for u to see ur dr just for peace of mind if nothing else. Xxx

good luck to you both it taken me 4month to fall preg i just had sex every day for 4month till i was preg it was hard work like but worked for me x

Hi mrspc.

I can recommend going to the doctor and assure you you have nothing to worry about. We have been trying for over 2 years now. My husband and good friend were going on at me for months to get me to the doctor but like you I was scared. I finally gave in and went about 6 months ago. Such a long process so get there as soon as you can. You will most likely start off with bloods and your partner will be booked in for sperm check. Once that is all complete doc with refer you to fertility clinic. I've had one apt with the consultant which was basically just a general chat. I am now waiting to book my HSG and go back to consultant next month.

Going to the doctors de stressed me ALOT and I felt so much more positive afterwards. It's just nice to know you are not alone.

I sympathise with the shift pattern as well as both me and hubby work shifts. Sometimes we don't see each other properly for a week so you are not always in the mood for it. Joys of working hey!

Good luck with everything xx

Thanks, everyone, it's great to her from people who are in a similar position. I am surrounded by friends with babies at the moment and it makes me feel like a freak.

The witch got me today and to be honest I am just relieved to be out of the 2ww. I can start feeling hopeful for the new year now!

This month am going to do the SMEP and try to live healthily as possible. I am also going to make a drs appt for next week!

How did your partner feel about going for tests, Nik Nak? I feel so bad for mine because he's quite proud. I think there's pressure on men too.

Good luck xxx

Hi just wanted to say going for tests is always going to be scary but its always best to find out hun, then at least you can get help if you need it. I know what you mean with everyone having babies its so depressing im so happy for them but wish it was me. I've been tring since may with no luck so far.

Fx 2012 will be a postive year for all of us.

Michelle. x

To be honest my partner has been great. He is 40 and I'm 30 and although he has a child from previous partner he is worried about being an older dad (his words, not mine!) so was more than willing to get checked. He was a little embarrassed having to do the deed but admitted it was not as bad as he expected. His results have come back normal albeit a few sperm that are a little stressed and a few that need more vitamins!!! The consultant gave us a print out of the results and I found it really fascinating to read!

I hope your partner is ok with it. Just part of the process really and he needs to have it done for you to get to next stage.

I came on yesterday and had a little cry. Feel your pain about lots of babies being around. Our time will come!

One positive for me is I now have my HSG booked for next week...nervous!!! Xx

He's okay but I think men have a sense of pride about being able to father children and he feels that there's something wrong with him. He doesn't say much but I feel for him.

Good luck with your HSG, hun. I'm getting the ball rolling asap, will let you know xxx

Hi, sorry to butt in! It took me 3 years of trying before finally getting a positive reading this week! I too had weird cramps and period pains and am still getting them now.. even though i know i am pregnant i still feel as though i am going to come on any second now. All i can say is try to forget about it... and it will happen. I gave up on ever getting pregnant again months ago and now here i am with 3 pregnancy tests all saying i'm pregnant!

Just wanted to wish you all the best MrsPC. Going to the GP is nerve racking so don't feel bad for feeling that way and you are not a whimp!!! The TTC journey can be draining, I had to have a little break from PF because I was stressing myself out so you are not alone :)

The only other thing I would say and you probably already are aware of this but couples that have sex at the right time only have a 25% chance. It is bloody hard work and a lot of luck so if you don't see your partner at the 'right' time this may be why it is taking that bit longer - Anyway I hope you get the answers you need to move forward. Good luck hon xxx

good luck at the docs and i guess they will do "21day bloods" tp check your progesterone levels to confirm you are ovulating. When they do make sure you are actaully at 7dpo, not day21 - day 21 is used as a name as it assume all women have a 28 day cycle and ov on day 14. Can i ask how you are confirming o???

Last edited:
Wow ! Congratulations, Dollface, That is amazing news that gives us all hope!!

Thanks, Tara, I know you are right - in theory we have been trying for 15 months but in reality we probably weren't even in with a chance for quite a few of those because of work patterns! This month I'm trying SMEP so on a couple of days we're going to have to try to squeeze it in in the hour we'll see each other in between work!

Thanks, itisbabytime, I will be sure to check. Recently, I've just been guessing ov from dates, ewcm and pains - this was my plan to be more natal and stop stressing! Earlier on I did opks that confirmed ov at day 13/14. I'm back to opts this month as part of SMEP.

Lots of Dust, girls xxxx

oops - natural not natal - talk about Freudian slip!!! :rotfl:

hi mrspc, hope you don't mind me chipping in. just wanted to say i'm 32 as well and in feb will have been trying for 2 years officially. you can normally find me in the long-term ttc section :-(

just a tip for when you go to the docs make sure you tell them you've been trying for 15 months, don't mention the months you've not been able to try, in case that delays them referring you or doing the tests. time is really of the essence cos the waiting lists are shocking so it's good you have an appt to get the ball rolling. i wouldn't worry cos your cycles are regular and i'm sure your hubby will be fine too. takes a weight of to know you're ok. wishing you lotsa luck hun, pm if you need to talk x

Thanks so much KayKay, I'll make sure to do that xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back