Still not sitting up at 7.5 months???

This is the one we have - price seems to have gone back up though

I swear I'm not on commission for these things but it has saved my sanity! We have 2 :lol:

Tapatalking!

my SIL's lb didnt sit unaided til about 8/9 months hun, hes literally just started crawling properly and pulling himself up at 1yr old and man does he go down like a sack of spuds when he tries to take a step lol. he has no fear and wasnt bothered about sitting at all, he would just roll over to wherever he wanted to be

We have this one carnet and unless your baby is quite short and immobile I wouldn't buy it? That or any other play nest at this age.
Amelie sits and pushes with her legs and she is out of there in seconds forward or backwards haha...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372698056.636486.jpg

See? They are quite little (Amelie is long though) and a 7 m old baby I think will not really stay there long lol.

My hv told me that they start worrying if hot sitting unaided by 10 m.

He will just do it one day.

Enid is 8 months tomorrow and exactly the same, she just falls over! I think she will get there, some babies just take a little longer. I don't think it helps that she is long and skinny, like others said this might play a part in it!

I suppose all babies are different, Aaron sits in his quite happily, he likes to chuck all his toys out then shout at me to get them back. :lol:

It's his baby jail at the moment.

Maybe it would be better if you borrowed one off someone to see if he will sit in it then?

I'm sure he is fine as they really do develop at different rates. I'm an adult physiotherapist and work with patients that have had strokes and have no sitting balance, I ve been doing the same kind of exercises with Luca to improve his sitting balance. But I don't know anything about peadiatric physio......

The key thing is alignment.....trying to keep putting their legs apart in a tripod position to start with and sit behind him on the floor.

Be ready to catch him either forwards or sideways but let him "fall" some of the way to give him a chance to his balance reactions and core strength to kick in. You can try some gentle assistance to the tops of his legs to give him a bit of stability here and intermittently release again to try and get him to do some of the work.

The other thing is letting him play with a toy in his lap whilst doing the above, he may not sit straight for a while and may slump but once he gets stronger he will sit up more.

You could also try holding the toy more at eye level ( i sit luca in front of his play mat with a toy from the arch in front of his face)
Head control and head positioning helps improve sitting. Again just be ready to catch him either side and sit behind him. If he is not playing you could have a go at sitting (again behind him) and using one of your hands lightly hold the front of his forehead and you can position his head in the neutral position, you will see by this that head positioning will lead to good sitting balance.

Hope this helps. X

He'll just 'get it' one day, maybe today :)

I'm working on sitting with Charlie who is 9 months, he will go rigid and not sit usually but on occasions when I can get him there he manages a few seconds but he's slumped, so just not hot his core

I think I've discovered that he will do it when he's ready , not me :)

Dont worry. Like everyone says he will one day. Look at the troubles I've had with daisy grace and her feeding. She's so lazy and absolutely refuses to attempt to hold food and give it a go herself. Instead she sits there with her hamds on her head and mouth open. And shes 9mths! Shes no concept at all what food is for but boy can she wolf down a plate of lumpy veg and pasta if I give her it off a spoon. All babies are different.

tapatalking

Easier said than done but don't worry. I can't remember when my lo sat up unaided but he was def later than other babies and I'm sure older than your lo. He commando crawled until he was 12mo, then finally fathomed crawling. He's now 17mo and not yet walking. He is very much a boy that does things in his own time and no sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easier said than done but don't worry. I can't remember when my lo sat up unaided but he was def later than other babies and I'm sure older than your lo. He commando crawled until he was 12mo, then finally fathomed crawling. He's now 17mo and not yet walking. He is very much a boy that does things in his own time and no sooner.

2 peas in a pod our lads!! :lol:

My HV has just been for the 9 month check and I told her of my concerns. She said not to worry, they are all so different and some babies aren't sitting even by 9 months. They review them again at 12 months and then She said they only do something about it when it gets to 13/14 months, they will then get a physio to check them over. So don't worry xx

Thanks everyone, I'll take him to get weighed on Friday but won't bother with the health visitor this time.

xxxxxx

He will just sit up one day mat - just you wait and see.

And if you are anything like me you will bounce around the room like a loon bawling like a baby :lol:

Tapatalking!

And if you are anything like me you will bounce around the room like a loon bawling like a baby :lol:

Tapatalking!

Oh I know hun!!

I still get excited about poo's! I paraded his first proper solid turd about for everyone to see :lol: :lol: :lol:

xxxxxx

Last edited:

Tapatalking!

Oh I know hun!!

I still get excited about poo's! I paraded his first proper solid turd about for everyone to see :lol: :lol: :lol:

xxxxxx

:rotfl:

Sorry dunno who Mat is ... Stupid fat fingers!

Tapatalking!

2 peas in a pod our lads!! :lol:

:hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member