Still no mouvement..

fcroxy

Reaction score
I'm 19.4 weeks and still haven't had any mouvement from baby, is it normal? I'm starting to really panic now. I'm not over weight, as I know that can affect the feeling, so I don't understand why I'm not feeling anything. I was going to wait until my 20 week scan on Friday to question it but I couldn't sleep last night and feel really unsettles today. Should I call the midwife or will it just be a waste of time? I don't want to seem like a worrier and everything is okay. But this is my first baby so I'm not sure if its normal or not. People keep asking if I can feel baby yet and when I say no, they say I should be able to by now, which adds to the worry :(

It could all depend on your placenta hun. I've had no movement yet and were due a day apart. My mw said at the 16wk apt that my placenta was in the way and that's why she couldn't find a heartbeat and said that's why I wasn't feelin movement. Xx

Hello, I really wouldnt worry too much. I didnt feel anything until I was over the 21 weeks and even then it was just very very faint flutter.
Im now nearly 23 weeks and the last few days ive been getting regular flippity flop movements (feels like a fish) and my hubby felt her for the first time on Sunday.

My placenta is anterior (ie at the front, so our little one needed to be that much stronger to feel the movements through it.)

Im sure you'll be feeling them very soon
x

Thank you. I'm a total worrier as it is and think I'm just over thinking stuff. I have my scan on Friday so at least it's coming up and that will put my mind at ease. Xx

As others said don't worry just yet, may be due to where your placenta is lying. I didn't feel movement until almost 21 weeks, but once I started feeling them they just got stronger and more frequent day by day and now I feel bubba moving all the time!!! It will come soon don't worry xxx

Just want to add that I totally agree with all the above posts - this is nothing to worry about at all. Usually with your first baby you feel movement later anyway. And also every baby is different. I felt movement with my first at around 18 weeks, with regular kicking around 22/24 weeks. This time the baby is far quieter and I actually went to see the midwife about it as I was concerned, but there was the little heartbeat skipping along nice and strong! My midwife said all babies are different and you might have nothing much until 30 weeks then be kicked to bits!!!

If you are still worried and can see your midwife before Friday, there's no harm in going along and having her listen to the heartbeat. I found it very reassuring. 19+4 is still very early to be feeling anything, please try not to worry, everything will be just fine x

I'm still not feeling kicks and I'm 21+1, so don't worry too much :)

Another one here - anterior placenta so felt barely anything. Had a couple of odd twitches but nothings major and not regular. I definitely wouldn't worry :) x

Thank you. I'm a total worrier as it is and think I'm just over thinking stuff. I have my scan on Friday so at least it's coming up and that will put my mind at ease. Xx

What times your scan on fri hun? I have mine fri too at 4.30. :) xx

This is my 3rd baby, but 1st with an anterior placenta & 1st girl. It was really strange because as soon as I had my 20 week scan, she started kicking me! She does have quiet days (it depends on which way she is lay). You have to remember that babies are still relatively small at this stage - I'm sure s/he will soon make up for it :) xx

What times your scan on fri hun? I have mine fri too at 4.30. :) xx

Mine is at 2.50 so it's going to be a long day, my other scan was at 9am so there wasn't much waiting around! Xx

I saw my midwife yesterday and we were talking about this and she was saying it might be 22 weeks before I feel any movement, especially with being first and she said that would be totally normal - I'm really hoping I feel something before then though! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back