Still massively uncertain about everything

Dovekie

Reaction score
I'm now 8wks.
My boyfriend (of 5 months) wants me to move in with him before the birth.
My parents want me to move in with my boyfriend and be a "happy family".
I don't know if I love my boyfriend, and I never have done.
My mother has made it clear that having a baby on my own isn't a good idea.
I have no idea what having a baby on my own would entail.
I don't think a termination is for me, nor is adoption.
I have spoken to a counsellor, who simply laid out my thoughts on paper.

What do I do? :-(

You have to go with what is right for you. Maybe you are just not ready to live together yet, maybe that would come in time? And maybe you won't and that is ok. You can't force yourself to love someone. I brought my son up on my own (with support from my Mum and family) and I would have rathered of done that then force myself to stay with his Dad who made me unhappy.
There is no rush for making decisions just yet, take your time and try not to be pressured by others xx

Last edited:
You need to yell them all you are still unsure about where you will live ect. Tell them you need time its still early and you got lots of time. You shouldnt live with someone because your having a baby. I am married but there are okwnty of people who do this on their own but ita not easy. Even i have bad days sometimes. Dont let any pressure you x

Are you at all attracted to him? I'd say if you're that unsure you need to make the decision you want (not live with him) by the sounds of it and don't let anyone force you otherwise. Why don't you tell him you need some time to think and process things and have a bit of a break, 2 weeks or so from him. It will be hard on him but it will really let you know wether you want to be with him or not. It sounds like you're in a really tough situation, I'd also see another councillor you feel is more helpful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back