Still in pain

louielly

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first pregnancy and first miscarriage and just wanted a bit of advice...
I had a scan at 6w1d which showed a sac and yolk but no heartbeat. We then had another scan at 7w1 and another at 7w5d which both showed a sac only, so I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. I opted for the medically managed route as didn't want to wait for it to happen naturally and I decided against the D&C last minute as the sac was only small and didn't want to risk any damage after our journey to get a BFP. I had the pessaries at the hospital on Friday 11th March and was sent straight home to have the miscarriage at home. It began within a couple of hours and was in so much pain and lots of blood for a few hours with a few little clots. Next 2 days bleeding was lighter and I passed a clot as big as my hand. I actually thought oh this isn't that bad..... Then day 5 massive pains again and floods of blood and another couple of massive clots. Called the EPU and they said it sounds ok. Bleeding eased slightly and has been like a normal period amount for about another 11 days. The last 2 days the bleeding has been much lighter but I am in agony with severe cramps! I called NHS direct this morning (as I was ready to go to A&E during the night) and the doctor was rubbish, I was literally on the phone for 1 minute and all he said was take buscopan for the spasms.

I'm not too concerned about the bleeding now as it does finally seem to be easing but is it normal to start cramping this much 17 days after it started?

I feel that this can't be right for just a small sac but I keep being brushed away with its 'normal'.... :wall2:

So sorry for your loss :hug: I cant help at all really, but is NHS Direct the same as calling 111? I work in a GP surgery and I always hear that 111 follow a script because they are not medially trained and after clicking the check boxes they are likely to say to go to CHOC (this is our local out of hours place, I dot know what yours is called though) I wonder if this might be worth a call for you as you might get to see someone in person and get some attention to the pain? I hope someone can advise better x

Thanks Sparklegirl. I think so? It was 111 that I called. I spoke to a lady first of all with her checklist then the duty doctor called me. If I'm still in pain tomorrow then I'm just going to go to A&E x

Oh sorry your going through this Hun. I wouldn't say it sounds normal to be in so much pain 17 days after, but obv I'm not an expert.

I know all miscarriages are different but I only had severe pains for 1 day.
I have taken that pessary before for an abortion and I only had a few hours of very very intense pain and then nothing but tenderness.

Have they not checked you out to make sure everything has passed thought that was standard after having management?

Xxx

Thanks Sparklegirl. I think so? It was 111 that I called. I spoke to a lady first of all with her checklist then the duty doctor called me. If I'm still in pain tomorrow then I'm just going to go to A&E x

Definitely agree tomorrow get to A&E or if it gets worse tonight call back 111 and hopefully a different duty doctor might call you back. You cant risk future pregnancies because doctors are overworked and might overlook something that isnt immediately life threatening. Fighting for referrals myself for things that could cause infertility so I am learning sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and fight to be seen. Wishing you all the best with this and look after yourself x

Hi everyone,

This is my first pregnancy and first miscarriage and just wanted a bit of advice...
I had a scan at 6w1d which showed a sac and yolk but no heartbeat. We then had another scan at 7w1 and another at 7w5d which both showed a sac only, so I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. I opted for the medically managed route as didn't want to wait for it to happen naturally and I decided against the D&C last minute as the sac was only small and didn't want to risk any damage after our journey to get a BFP. I had the pessaries at the hospital on Friday 11th March and was sent straight home to have the miscarriage at home. It began within a couple of hours and was in so much pain and lots of blood for a few hours with a few little clots. Next 2 days bleeding was lighter and I passed a clot as big as my hand. I actually thought oh this isn't that bad..... Then day 5 massive pains again and floods of blood and another couple of massive clots. Called the EPU and they said it sounds ok. Bleeding eased slightly and has been like a normal period amount for about another 11 days. The last 2 days the bleeding has been much lighter but I am in agony with severe cramps! I called NHS direct this morning (as I was ready to go to A&E during the night) and the doctor was rubbish, I was literally on the phone for 1 minute and all he said was take buscopan for the spasms.

I'm not too concerned about the bleeding now as it does finally seem to be easing but is it normal to start cramping this much 17 days after it started?

I feel that this can't be right for just a small sac but I keep being brushed away with its 'normal'.... :wall2:

I'm saddened about your miscarriage and praying that you'll soon recover from it.

Thank you girls. I woke up at about 1am last night in complete agony again so we went to A&E. Were in and out in about 2 hours and they were great. I was taken up to the gyno ward and the doctor was great. She said medicated ones are generally the worst and last the longest but I shouldnt really still be bleeding now as over 2 weeks. She doesn't suspect that there is retained tissue but she's not ruling it out. So I have to go for a scan on Wednesday morning to check. Woke up feeling ok but pain back again now 😫

Thank you girls. I woke up at about 1am last night in complete agony again so we went to A&E. Were in and out in about 2 hours and they were great. I was taken up to the gyno ward and the doctor was great. She said medicated ones are generally the worst and last the longest but I shouldnt really still be bleeding now as over 2 weeks. She doesn't suspect that there is retained tissue but she's not ruling it out. So I have to go for a scan on Wednesday morning to check. Woke up feeling ok but pain back again now 😫

Will they do ERPC on Weds? Hope you start to feel physically better soon x

I'm shocked you weren't checked to make sure everything's was clear as part of routine.

So sorry your going through this love.

I hope everything gets sorted for you Wednesday.

Big hugs

Xxx

Thank you girls. The lady doing the scan was brilliant! I've been diagnosed with an incomplete miscarriage. It's only a small bit left and also a small clot so we are naturally waiting it out rather than having more pessaries. Having my bloods done to check that bhcg is going down ok as still got slightly positive tests. On antibiotics and stronger pain killers. Another scan is booked for the 16th April

We could have had twins and the 2nd wasn't showing on the previous scans at the other hospital when we were diagnosed with the missed miscarriage. She said its very probable but obviously can't know for sure 😔 X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back