Still got morning (allday) sickness

SarahH

Reaction score
Hi All!

How are you? This is just really to check when your morning sickness went on to. I am 16+4 and still sick all the time. It's really getting me down. My doctor signed me off for 2wks (due to go back on Mon) and it doesn't seem to be getting better, I can hardly go 30min without being sick :cry: :oops: :cry:

My GP isn't really being much help just keeps saying it's normal, but my friend that is a doctor thinks I should be getting checked more often as I'm keeping nothing down. I've got the midwife tomorrow so hoping she will be of more help.

Any suggestions would be great! Or even just knowing I'm not the only one that feels crap after 12wks!!

S. xx

I didnt have it that long but a friend who had a baby last year had it bad and it went on past 16 weeks. Im appalled at the attitude of your doc and would suggest that you tell your midwife asap, you might need to get a glucose drip to rehyrdrate your body. Thats what my friend got and not long ofter that she started to feel a bit better.

Take care

Laura.

Aww thanks for your reply. My sister-in-law has said the same, she has said that when she has been in hospital having either my nephew or niece that there have been girls in not that far gone with bad sickness just to keep eye on. I obviously would prefer not to go to hospital - but if it's best for the baby I'll do what I have to.

I'll just wait and see how I get on tomorrow. I'll be getting all my 16wk bloods taken tomorrow so midwife might take a bit more for testing.

Thanks again

S. xx

Oh hun you poor thing! I'm sorry your doctor isn't being more sympathetic to you.

What you're decribing is called Hyperemesis Gravidarum (severe morning sickness) and I suffered this till about 20 weeks when it finally dissapeared totally. I ended up losing a stone in weight because of it and was almost admitted to hospital becasue of it but as I was keeping fluids down, they let me stay at home.

I really hope this passes for you soon as I know it isn't fun at all. Can you see another GP? I was signed off for 3 months with it in the end (after they decided it was not just typical morning sickness).

Look after yourself and drink lots of fluids, your baby will get all he/she needs from you, but unfortunately will leave you feeling cra because of it!

Hi Sami

Thanks for your reply. I am just back from my midwife and to say I'm not impressed is an understatment.

She asked how I was, so I told her awful explained that I had been signed off etc. She took my bloods and then told me "go have a drink before rushing back to work" - duh! I've been signed off cause I feel (and look) like poop! I was even sick when I was there!!!
Once I got home I looked at my notes and all she has wrote is "suffering sevear (sp?) vomiting - has spoken to GP"

I told her that the doctor wasn't much help. Now I'm panicing. She didn't even weigh me to check if I had put on or lost weight. And I don't own scales so I've just called my husband to get a set on his way home from work.

I'm so confussed. What do I do now?

S. xx

My midwife never weighed me either. If your keeping fluids down you should be fine. BUT if you're sick with fluids too then time to see another GP/A&E if it's persistant.

Try toast, and if you cant stand it dry, a little butter or even marmite (lots of goodness and folic acid for the baby). That's all I ate for 3 months!!

Hi

I'm just back from the Doctors. Still felt really crappy :( so had to go get it checked as due to go back to work on Monday.

The Doctor has prescribed me Buccastem Buccal Tablets that I have to melt one under my top lip 3 times a day. Have any of you had these before?

I've to see how I get on with these and go back in a week. Wish me luck with them as this sickness is really starting to get me down :cry: .

S. xx

Hi,

Im 15+3 wks and i am having the same problem as you! My doctors wasn't very sympethtic either, he told me to eat half a plain biscuit every time i feel hungry, the only problem was then was that i felt like i was dying of starvation lol! Well im still being sick anfd they say they cnt give me anything untill im 16 wks! Like you it's gettimg me down i didnt feel like this 1st time around, cnt understand why i feel so ill Im am very interested to see if these tablets that you are on actually work, i would be grateful if you could let me kno!

Hope you feel better soon!

Kelly

I do feel for you, it sounds terrible what you're going through.

You don't need rubbish support from your GP and midwife on top of that.

Definitely try and see a different GP if you have to.

I wasn't happy at all with my midwife and I've spoken to my GP about it, they've been fantastic and the ball is rolling to get me switched to a different midwife.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Hi!

I will defo let you know how I get on with them. Unfortunetly I went to Boots to get the prescription and they didn't have any so I have to collect it tomorrow.

S. xx

Was never given anythign for the sickness, hope the tablets work for you!

I feel for you, i also had hyperemisis, I am 14wks 2days and it is waring off now (i hope).... are you keeping any fluids down? i was sick every 30mins when i was 6wks and my mum just took me straight to a&e as i couldnt even get out of bed.

A&E admitted me the same night and put me on a drip which made me feel so much better, they also gave me anti sickness tablets for two days.

When i was released i still felt very sick for the next 5wks but was only throwing up once a day.... now 3 weeks later I just feel sick in the evening as long as I eat every 2 hours, just a sandwich or packet of crisps, I feel bad for eatting junk food but it is all i can manage!! The doc said this was fine as long as i am getting SOME food.

Hope it all works out for you, have you had a scan, they say high sickness is due to twins sometimes!!!

Hope you feel better

Love Keely xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back