Still can't believe this is happening!

Unicorn

Reaction score
Is anyone else still finding being pregnant totally surreal and struggling to connect with the fact we are actually going to have a baby! I've had really bad morning sickness from 5 weeks, 6 scans and I'm starting to show but I still can't get my head around the fact that we are having a baby! It's wierd because we've wanted this for so long and ttc was so difficult I think it almost became more about conceiving than having a baby and now that we are pregnant I just feel a bit lost!
Don't get me wrong I am absolutely over the moon and excited but just still in disbelief! The scans make it even more surreal, to see this little baby inside me, which is kicking me but I can't feel a thing makes it seem so unreal!
I can't wait to feel the baby move and find out if it is a boy or girl so I can really start imagining what it's actually going to be like when they're here xx

Im in disbelief still hun and I can see Charlie movig about in there and all sorts!
Can't believe I only have 15-17wks max and he will be here!!

Still feel like even though I have kept alot of Noahs stuff, that I still have millions to do and sort out!!!!

Can't believe I will be a mummy of 2 boys so soon! I was also the same with the scans.. Feels like your watching someone elses scan almost! Xx

Last edited:
It still hasn't sunk in. Finding out the sex helped me come to terms with it a lot, but even now I can see my stomach moving about but it doesn't feel real. It's very hard to connect the baby on the screen to being inside of you

Is anyone else still finding being pregnant totally surreal and struggling to connect with the fact we are actually going to have a baby! I've had really bad morning sickness from 5 weeks, 6 scans and I'm starting to show but I still can't get my head around the fact that we are having a baby! It's wierd because we've wanted this for so long and ttc was so difficult I think it almost became more about conceiving than having a baby and now that we are pregnant I just feel a bit lost!
Don't get me wrong I am absolutely over the moon and excited but just still in disbelief! The scans make it even more surreal, to see this little baby inside me, which is kicking me but I can't feel a thing makes it seem so unreal!
I can't wait to feel the baby move and find out if it is a boy or girl so I can really start imagining what it's actually going to be like when they're here xx

Hi Unicorn how are u keeping? With my first pregnancy it honestly didnt sink in until i gave birth ( that is no joke ) i know everyone is completely different but that was my experience. Once i held my baby i was like ' wow i am now a mother ' it was amazing.
This time round i am so sick, worried nervous u name it it still hasnt sunk in yet for me. Xx

I'm the same, I can go most of the day not even thinking about it and then suddenly remember I'm pregnant lol. It still doesn't feel real and I keep having to remind myself lol.

I'm hoping it feels more real when I start feeling definite kicks.

I'm just over 30 weeks and had my first NCT class today. As my hubby put it afterwards "sh*t just got real!!"

Xx

Ah, thank you ladies, I'm really glad I'm not the only one! I feel bad because we wanted this so much and I was so engaged with the whole ttc thing and what was going on with my body etc but now I just don't feel like it is real. I think I must have a bit of a negative connotation towards pregnancy as well, I think maybe due to so many girls conceiving when I was young and it being seen as a bad thing! Everytime someone refers to me as being pregnant I feel like I've done something bad!
I'm not doing great unfortunately HopeJoy, I just can't stop throwing up! Having said that I did have 3 days at the beginning of this week when I wasn't sick, but I think it has just made the contrast worse now lol How are you doing?
We start our NCT course in May JennyS, did you enjoy your first session?
xx

Hopefully after the gender scan itll be a bit more real :) you can go proper clothes shopping then too!! :)

R u going with babybond? I had an early scan with peekaboo in Penarth, but as I had gender with babybond with Noah I thought id opt for them again!
It was fab :) xx

We're not planning on having any additional scans as we have one at least every 3 weeks as it is! How many weeks did you have your gender scan? xx

Aww when will be ur next with nhs? Hope they dnt make u wait till 20wk one!! Eek! Hurrrry!
I had it at 17wks with Noah (was spose to be 16 but it snowed that week and they pushed it bk argh) and 16+1 with Charlies xx

Well we are meant to have a 16 week one which by my calculations will be in 3 weeks, but at our dating scan on Wednesday they dated us as 14 weeks instead of 13, which I know isn't right! So I'm not sure now, they may do one in 2 weeks, but that may be too early to tell as I'm sure I'll only be 15 weeks and then we may have to have our 20 week one late as we are hoping to go on holiday for hubby's birthday, as long as our consultant says it is ok xx

Aww they out me forward 6 days on Noah and 5 days with Charlie at my dating ones too hun! I new it was wrong. I ended up going 10days over on Noah, so was closer to my bloody dates! I bet itll happen again lol!

But they still mamaged to find out they were boys so as long as baby is playing ball they will!

Not sure if u remember, but millielaura lost her little boy at 12-13wks. Before hand she was at the hosp having a scan due to bleeding and loss of waters and they could clearly see his potty shot!

So FX even if they have ur dates wrong u can still see! Xxx

Ah, that's interesting, they have even been able to tell on Wednesday! I can't wait to know :) xx

I couldn't believe I was pregnant with my first for a long time and even now sometimes I look at my daughter (who's 2) and still can't believe I'm a mum lol. It really is a surreal feeling sometimes.
Now I'm almost 12 weeks with my second and it still hasn't sunk in, but for different reasons. Like trying to imagine myself with two, splitting my time between them, when will I ever shower?! how am I gonna cope with no sleep, night feeds, weaning, teething and generally starting all over again! All trivial things really but still can't believe it's happening lol. Plus like an above poster said this time round I 'forget' I'm pregnant at times which I think it down to running around after my daughter all day I don't have the time to sit and think about it as much as I did first time round. X

I agree it's totally surreal isn't it... I must admit I really don't cope well with pregnancy and it just feels like I'm a zombie for best part of 9 months and then once the baby arrives I go back to normal haha!

I won't believe I'm pregnant for a long long time. I had a few melt downs last time, just panicking about coping, and also pregnancy exhausts me so I get overly emotional sometimes! It's proper hard work xx

I go through phases where I can imagine myself with baby and then think shit what have I done even though this baby was desperately wanted! X

When I had Freddie, because it had taken a while to get pregnant, and then to actually stay pregnant, actually being pregnant felt like the end result. I completely did not think about life after birth and was in a daze for a while afterwards, not quite understanding that this little baby was actually mine.

Getting pregnant this time saw some of the same struggles but I'm thinking far more about what life will be like once this one is born, whether or not I'll believe it fully once they arrive we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back