Sticky ovulation stuff - confused?

Nadgos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondered if anyone out there could answer a few questions - this whole baby-making thing is a whole new science?
Okay - so in the build up to ovulation then the mucus you produce gets wetter and stretchier - right? So what happens to this mucus if you manage to conceive - does it just disapear, dry up? Also -my cycle has gone to pieces and the last two months my AF has been 2 weeks late. I have noticed the increase in mucus building up but not sure I am ovulating - can you still have increased wetness and not ovulate? I'd appreciate any advice on this as I'm getting very confused and can't seem to find the answer anywhere on the internet!

Hi,
Most of the books I've read indicate that once you conceive you get an increased vaginal discharge (usu. creamy white in colour), which continues throughout the pregnancy. However, successful conception is not the only reason for this, and if you are at all worried I'd suggest checking it out with your GP. Look up 'leukorrhea' for more information.
Hope this helps, and good luck with ttc!

Tamaryn, do you know if this increased mucous is supposed to happen 'immediately' or later on in the prengnancy. I ask because I have had a lot of CM for about 7 days now. At first I assumed it was just in the build-up to ovulation, but perhaps it could also mean conception?

I suspect I am reading too much into it because I want to be pregnant so badly!

Hi Margaret,
I think it's possible to get an increase in CM straight away because of the higher levels of oestrogen in your system when you are pregnant. Check out http://www.pregnancy-info.net/vaginal_discharge.html for some useful info.
I have my fingers crossed for you! My husband and I aren't actively trying this month because he has big exams coming up and needs to concentrate on revising. Evenn so, a small part of me hopes that something still might happen.. Let me know how you get on and good luck! Tamaryn

Thanks guys - that was useful. I'm sure like you that I'm not actually pregnant but just very wishful thinking. Is it just me of is this whole conception business just designed to confuse and bewilder you - the fact that all the signals you get - breast tenderness, discharge weight gain etc etc can all be the same for ovulation, menstruation and pregnancy - how are we supposed to tell the difference!! Good luck with your 'projects' - I think mine will be a 'work in action' for some time to come being as my cycle is messed up since coming off the pill last October.

Thanks Tamaryn and everyone for the info and support. FYI (and TMI!) the heavy CM continues ... I'll find out in early April I suppose whether or not this indicates a real pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back