Sticky Blood Syndrome

Cameron2010

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I was wondering if anyone has Sticky Blood Syndrome (can't remember the technical name) or any information on it?

I had a miscarriage at 14 weeks in February and then a chemical. I got bloods taken to test me for this and they have came back abnormal. I'm devastated. I can't find much information online other than even with treatment it will only give me a 60% chance of having a successful pregnancy.

The consultant told me that if I get pregnant again I'd be put on asprin to thin my blood at 12 weeks however my last miscarriage was caused by a blood clot which was suspected to have formed at implantation, so I'm terrified of this happening again.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of this?

Thank you xx

Hi Cameron, I've heard of this Antiphospholipid Syndrome. I'm afraid I don't personally know of anybody with it. From what I've read blood thining medication like warfarin or heperin should be prescribed to prevent blood clots. I'm very sorry you've received this diagnosis. Xxx

I would have thought that aspirin at 12 weeks is too late and not sufficient. One of my staff has this and she has been on heparin injections since she got her first positive test and is continuing with them until birth. She's now 28 weeks pregnant after recurrent losses.
Sorry for your loss xx

It's one of those tricky ones. My doctor told me I'm now classed as high risk because of the amount of early miscarriages I've had and told me to take the small dose of aspirin every day when I got my next bfp but not to mention to anyone that she told me to do this because it's not medically proven and a bit of a difference of opinion in doctors. I wasn't offered any tests or anything though and I only know it's associated with sticky blood from reading up online about why you would or wouldn't take aspirin and when to start taking it.

Thanks for the info, I've got a consultant appointment on Wednesday to discuss it more. Scn that's great to hear about your colleague, I'm going to ask about this because I definetely think 12 weeks is too late. I'm annoyed I wasn't offered anything to thin my blood when I had the miscarriage. I had a huge blood clot which was detected at 6 weeks and was scanned almost twice weekly to keep an eye on it. I wonder if it would have made any difference. I was in severe pain at 14 weeks and went to hospital to be told that the blood clot had completely resolved and I'd have a normal pregnancy from now on. We were absolutely ecstatic after all the weeks of worrying and saw the on the ultrasound the baby bouncing about the womb looking happy as anything. Then the very next day went back up to be told I'd miscarried :( xx

I think there's a difference between taking aspirin for recurrent losses as a 'help' just in case and actually being diagnosed with antiphospholipid syndrome. You need to discuss in detail exactly what the diagnosis is.
Good luck and I wish you all the luck in the world for a healthy pregnancy in the near future. I've had 5 losses myself before this one with the longest I've managed to carry was 14 weeks like yourself. Don't lose hope xx

Thank you so much scn. I'm so so sorry for your losses that must be hell on Earth going through 5. Good luck to you too and I really wish you all the best and pray you have a healthy pregnancy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back