Stiches

lisa31

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Just wanted to let you know this excellent piece of advice I received from Lucy I think it was (if I wasnt I apologise) lack of sleep is making my memory a bit foggy and I cant find the original post

Put tea tree oil on your pad if you had to have stitches - I did this for the first time tonight and the relief is lovely ! - mind you it was a week since they were put in so go steady just after they have been done - just a couple of drops do the trick!

L x

i wouldnt use it neat as it will STING LIKE HELL!! :shock:
esp if only afew days after - a couple of drop in a bath is good

no one told me about that and i am sure with my 3-4 % tears that would have really helped and given me an excuse to sit in the bath for a while :D

I agree! dont use it neat to begin with - a few drops in the bath to begin with. I am now 7 days on since she was born and am using it neat and its fine - everyones body is different though - so go easy on it in the first few days!

L x

Hi Lisa

Yeah it was my friend who is a homeopathic practitioner who told me to use the tea tree oil on my pad - only a couple of drops in the area that's closest to the wound and also in the bath (apparently lavender oil is also good in the bath but to put it in some milk first to ensure it disperses evenly and also doesn't evaporate).

Glad you got some relief, I'm sure it helped my stitches to heal and took some discomfort away.

Lucy x

Hi Lucy!

That was great advice! the M/W told me to use lavender oil but i must admit I used dettol to begin with :shock: lol

L x

Hi

I used to wee in the shower because it stung too much to pee on the loo then I washed with femfresh because its soap free and I had my hairdryer plugged in constantly in my bedrrom so I'd run across the hall and blowdry my stitches rather than dab them with a towel.

Bit tricky when we had guests ;)

Lou :)

yea, hairdryer!!! me as well :lol:

How long does it take to get comfy again??? :? it's 11 days for me, and it's just getting a bit better!! though my MW says it"lovely" (that's her favourite word!!!) and I am healing beautifully!

I just would like to be able to go up the stairs like a 30 year-old woman and not like a 80 year-old one!!!!!!!!! :D

Mel xx

Hi

It took me about 2 weeks to start feeling ok down below. The worst part was being brave and looking in the mirror but it actually put my mind at rest because it felt alot worse than it was. It still feels a bit sore but I suppose it will for a while yet.

Lou :)

that's true: I have looked with a mirror as well, and it reassured me as well. The pain and burning feeling was scaring me but I kind of recognised myself when I looked.
lou, 2 months later, and you are still sore there??? :shock: :shock: bugger! I really hoped for less than that!!!!!!!! :cry:

It's gonna take time to feel myself again, then!

mel xx

LOL - me too! althought D/H said it looked a bit lopsided TMI!!?????? :oops: :oops: :shock:

I was hoping for less than 2 months too! To be honest I'm quite looking forward to getting back to normal in 'that department!!' - not to make babies though!!!!! -...................................................... YET!!! :D

L x

Mines healed, but it's started really hurting with we DTD. (The first time it didn't really but it's been getting worse!).

Mine took about 2 weeks to heal, they never really stung but got really uncomfortable after a week then it all settled down, sex life is also back to normal and I've had no problems !

To be honest I really am looking foward to getting back into that kind of thing !!! :oops: but I really do think its going to be painful and I am very nervous about it.

L x

and me!!!!

It's 9 months approx. that we stopped practising! I don't want to wait for another 2 months!!! but I am dreading it as well!! well, it's too early anyway!

mel xx

We waited for about 4/5 weeks I was really worried about the stitches but it was ok and if it hurts just stop, the mw told us to use condoms as there lubricated and will make it more comfortable!

We waited for about 4/5 weeks I was really worried about the stitches but it was ok and if it hurts just stop, the mw told us to use condoms as there lubricated and will make it more comfortable!

As it feels at the moment (two weeks later) it doesnt feel like it will ever be comfortable - its not majorly sore, and the stitches should now have disolved I just feel that there will never be any pain there.

Just been vets to take my dog for her boosters and I had to bend down to put her on the scales and genearlly keep her under control, and when I got back in my car to drive home it felt very tender down there - so its obviously not 100% healed yet :cry:

L x

2 weeks for me as well, and this morning, when I took my bath, I saw a couple of threads in the water, so I guess it is healing, but since then, it has been a bit sore and burning sensation at time!!!

do you still bleed (sorry if TMI) because even if it's much less for me, I still need a pad! And just like babies, I am getting nappy rash :lol:

am definitely not feeling ready for any sexual life yet!!!!! :cry:

mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back