Steroid injection

Sully2012

Reaction score
I have been to my consultant today. I have to go every two weeks as I have polycystic kidneys. My blood pressure was 174/93 so had to have a scan and baby is fine and still predicted between 6-7lbs. They are scanning me again on 26 Jan at which point they will will decide if they need to induce me, either way they going to give me two steroid injections as my bp getting worse and giving baby the best chance by helping her lungs. Does anyone know of anyone who has had injections and been induced? I don't seem to be able to find any info :( x

Not sure about your case, but I have been monitored weekly for my bloods as I have low platelets. I have been told if they drop too low they will need to give me steroid injections to boost the levels. So far though, they have managed to stay just above the minimum level. X

It's worrying isn't it? I just want her to grow naturally and have a normal labour x

I think in an ideal world we want our babies to do all their growing in the womb and be born naturally, but sometimes the LO can do better in the outside world if there is something stopping them from growing wel inside. I really hope it doesn't come to that for you - but all we can do is trust the experts and take their advice as to what is the best option for our LOs to be the healthiest they can be. good luck. Xx

My OH's brothers baby was born through an induction at 36 weeks. His girlfriend's waters had broke at 28 weeks but labour didn't begin, so they kept a close eye on her, gave her extra appointments and scans and put her on steriod injections and antibiotics.

HI my best friend had the steriod injections as she had a heart shaped placenta so baby had very limited space, she said injections werent bad apart from being on her bum cheek. They then did give her an earlier C Section, can remember why she didnt have a normal birth to be honest. Im being induced also at 37 weeks due to OC.

XX

Are u having steroid injections if being induced at 37 weeks?

No im not cos at 37 weeks they think its classed as full term, there was talk of giving me them at one point but cos my levels are dropping due to tablets. But then thats why they probably monitor me every week with babays heart beat and bloods to make sure my levels havent increased again. My friend who did them had a very happy healthy baby by the way so hasent affected her in the slightest. I know how worrying it is for you but they always air on the side of precaution for your little one XX

Oh right, might see how blood pressure is on 26th n talk over options. X

I think they will leave it as long as possible hunnie so hyour little one does develop fully, when I was first diagnosed with OC they talked about inducing me at 35 weeks but with the tablets and monitoring now feel more confident to leave it till 37 weeks as levels as dropping FX crossed its the same for you. XX

Thank u :) hoping I can just carry baby full term and have natural birth. If not will trust docs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back