steriliser question??

NooNoo

Reaction score
I was reading a post on here about descaling?? a steriliser??

Anyone know?? lol :wave: im the one to tell hehe

hiya, we have an Avent electric steam steriliser, and they give you some sachets of descaler. I think you are supposed to do it every 4 weeks or something...

princess_h said:

Hiya, i was asking about descaling a steriliser, i have a tommee tippee closer to nature one and got told lemon juice will do it, i didnt get chance to try it cos the flaming thing packed up the next day so i have a new one (tesco exchanged it) so i will wait for it to build up again then give the lemon juice a go, if it works let us know how good it was.x

kitten1102 said:
hiya, we have an Avent electric steam steriliser, and they give you some sachets of descaler. I think you are supposed to do it every 4 weeks or something...

How rude!! TT dont give you those :x :x Im outraged hehe..thanks hun :)

xrachx said:
princess_h said:

Hiya, i was asking about descaling a steriliser, i have a tommee tippee closer to nature one and got told lemon juice will do it, i didnt get chance to try it cos the flaming thing packed up the next day so i have a new one (tesco exchanged it) so i will wait for it to build up again then give the lemon juice a go, if it works let us know how good it was.x

Thought i wasnt going mad lol...when you say lemon juice..do you mean put it where the water does and then steralise like you would but with nothing in it?? :? im confuzzled!!

Just put the lemon juice where the limescale appears and leave for a few hours, then thouroughly rinse. :)

the sachets anre citric acid.. basically lemon juice compounds..so it is right that lemon juice will do the job.. go grab yourself a jif lemon lol... or go on ebay and put in citric acid steriliser.. and im pretty sure the sachets are cheap..

also.. make sure you clean your sterliser out regularly.. coz scum builds up..i do mine every other day..put boiling water in tehre and swish the sterliser about lol.. then give it a wash out with a little bit of sterliser fluid..and rince..

Thanks...

Do i not have to scrub it with anything??

Boots sell the sachets of citric acid powder that you can use to descale the steriliser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back