Steam cleaners

Mamafy

Reaction score
Have any of you got them? I know you have Princess :D

Come convince me to get one :D

Can you tell me what brand you have, how much it cost, was it worth it etc?

What do you clean with it? Does the steam cleaner work better on floors as opposed to a mop?

I've been debating for some time whether to get one so now all I need is some gentle persuasion :D

i only got mine recently, after a lot of debate and research lol. I got a Karcher SC1122, I got it off ebay, they are about £200 to buy new but I got mine that had been used once for £100. I looked up a lot of reviews on the net before I got mine, after yest I can vouch for tile cleaning, I've got a woodburner in my sittingroom/kitchen bit and my tiles are cream and the grouting is white so you can imagine the carnage from coal, they have come up as good as new. Great at cleaning dried on food on the cats bowl. They are also good for hobs, ovens, microwaves, carpets and SHOWERS!! I've got one of them corner showers with all sorts of little gizzits like body jets and all that get minging and take about 3 hours to clean normally so looking forward to using the steamer on that. Her name is susan :)

Great, thanks girls :yay: I really want one and as I'm selling the house later in the year it may be the ticket to give the house a good going over :D

Susan eh princess :rofl:

Yep, it really suits her. :rofl:

I'm just gettin her fired up again now!! Really good though cause it just rolls along with you, no squeezing out a mop, the water doesn't get dirty I'm defo glad I bought one. We've got a fairly big house and most of it is done in tiles so it's coming in really handy already cause one load of water does the lot so to twoing and froing!!

Doesn't it depend what you want it for? Ive heard someone say they steam around taps and they are disgusting ...people appear to use them all round the house. I think its something I will invest in over time.

My cleaning habits would become obsessive if I had one of these :lol:

Yer thats true :lol: I don't have time to do most stuff these days nah mind thinking about one of these at the same time :rofl:

Talk to me about Susan, Jayne ;)

Have you cleaned windows with her?

Do you brush floors first?

Have you tried on wood/laminate?

I'm set on yours, the reviews are great and I do want a really great one, plus I have 3 asthmatics in the house so the less chemicals I use the better :thumbup:

Jayneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I want to hear about Susan :lol:

oooooooopppppppppppppssss sorry, I'm being blind on post front! Susan has been used for the shower (lots of glass in it) and the floors. I hoover the floor first and then set susan to work on it - I do love her everso!!

I have tiles all over I'm afraid so I've not tried on any wood, although she does clean my skirting boards brilllinatly and they are wood so I'm sure they'd do the same for flooring!

Also can be used on carpet. I'm defo a fan!

Have you tried her on windows?

I'll be giving her a name if I get one :rofl:

Not yet, cause I'm a lazy biatch and can't be arsed with cleaning the windows. Do let me know when you are deciding on names, I'll be glad to put forward some suggestions :rofl:

It's very easily stored. It's lots smaller than I thought it would be but still has a good water capacity, it fits in my hotpress with no bother and cause the hose is flexible it is open to a bit of gentle persuasion around the other things dumped in there.

Im considering using susan tonight, if I can find some enthusiasm from somewhere, if I do I'll test her on one of the windows k?

:yay: Oh great :D

I won't have funds for it till April but hey April is spring so it can be my spring cleaning :lol:

I got mine on ebay for £100.

It's worth having a browse cause you can pick up a right bargain

Oh I will, most people will use them once or twice and not bother again :oops: I will use it more than once I swear :blush:

They have this brand of steam cleaner in tescos for £80 right now. Not the same model, but it looks pretty good!

Karcher are a really good brand for that sort of thing anyhoo, they do all that kind of thing.
haven't been able to do any house work due to the power cut we just had, guess these things have their plus points lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back