Steak for dins

Cosmogirl7

Reaction score
My husband and I are heading out to a new fancy steak restaurant that's opened near us tonight. Usually I'm a rare steak girl, have heard this is a no go when preggers. Do you think medium is ok or does it have to be well done? I don't think I can face a cremated piece of leather on my plate so may just opt for ribs or something else on the menu xxx

I have read that it should be well done but have yet to ask the doctor/mw if it can be medium to well, sorry not a huge help :) xx

I was told by doc and midwife that all meat has to be cooked all the way through for it to be ok, so you can't even have it medium, it has to be well done. I'm missing rare steak!

Last edited:
Thanks for this post. I completely forgot steak has to be well done!

I've eaten 3 medium steaks in the last week due to mad steak craving. Probably on the medium - well end all of them. I think there is a really rare chance of toxoplasmosis from undercooked meat but its really uncommon. I'm trusting my body to know whats right at the moment... for example, alcohol still smells awful!

Medium well steak = yuck!!! Never again, if I can't have it medium rare then steaks are off the menu for me xxx

Yeah I don't like any kind of pink bits on my meat it's just not right haha!!!

Michelle x

I too am a rare or nothing kind of girl, so I've sworn off steak for the duration. Can't stand my meat well done

Mrs Meaney I'm with you, I look forward to a nice rare steak and glass of champers after baby gets here xxx

Enough to sear the edges and heat it through a bit!

Mrs Meaney I'm with you, I look forward to a nice rare steak and glass of champers after baby gets here xxx

oooh yes! And loads and loads of seafood, which I've also been avoiding because I'm a bit of a scaredy cat lol. I was really craving champagne last night, funnily enough! Will definitely indulge when I can

I'm also dying for some blue cheese. Just cut a big slice off a block of cheddar but its not really the same is it?!! Xxx

I got it well done til 20 weeks after that I started getting it med/well

Medium rare steak is what I miss more than anything else. My local Italian do THE best filleto Rossini - fillet steak with pâté on top and a gorgeous Madeira sauce. I'm dreaming about it!!! Xx

I just had a brisket. Amazing alternative to steak. And slow cooked to get all the nasties out without turning the meat into shoe leather. Amazing

Hi Cosmogirl7, I used to love my steak rare too but like the others have said unfortunately i dont think it is recommended, :-( i tried a well-done steak a few days ago and it is just not the same...hope you like it better than i did though, :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back