Staying out of toddlers bed...

GF91

Reaction score
My nearly 20 month old daughter has recently switched from a cot to a double bed. She wakes once a night- not for milk but for comfort so I often get into bed with her until she settles.. the problem is is that I then fall asleep and I don't wake until she wakes around 7am!! She can/will sleep in her bed without someone there, but when she wakes I'm half asleep and I just can't stay awake! Has anyone got any tips on what to do? If I do wake then I will go & get back in my bed, but I feel like I've slept more in her bed over the last couple of weeks then my own! She sleeps one side and I sleep on the other so it's not even as though where close together but I really don't want her to get into the habit of knowing that she can seep with me! Xxx

Tough one. I dont have any experience with it but,Could you cuddle in an uncomfortable chair for 5 mins? Hopefully that way you won't fall asleep and you can transfer her to her bed .

I've tried that but she gets real fidgety & fights going back to sleep xx

My LG is 28 months and wakes once a night and has on/off since she was about 20 months. She has a cot/toddler bed so there's no chance of me staying in with her all night if I drop off! We went through a phase of letting her into our bed and hubby going into the spare room but it got a bit silly when we weren't spending any time together. There's nothing wrong with you bed sharing - I'd say enjoy the closeness and snuggles and she might just stop waking on her own.

Could you put your phone alarm on but only on vibrate? Then put it between your knees or something so it doesn't disturb lo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back