Staying out of toddlers bed...

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by GF91, Oct 5, 2016.

1. GF91

GF91 Well-Known Member

My nearly 20 month old daughter has recently switched from a cot to a double bed. She wakes once a night- not for milk but for comfort so I often get into bed with her until she settles.. the problem is is that I then fall asleep and I don't wake until she wakes around 7am!! She can/will sleep in her bed without someone there, but when she wakes I'm half asleep and I just can't stay awake! Has anyone got any tips on what to do? If I do wake then I will go & get back in my bed, but I feel like I've slept more in her bed over the last couple of weeks then my own! She sleeps one side and I sleep on the other so it's not even as though where close together but I really don't want her to get into the habit of knowing that she can seep with me! Xxx

2. Mel32

Mel32 Well-Known Member

Tough one. I dont have any experience with it but,Could you cuddle in an uncomfortable chair for 5 mins? Hopefully that way you won't fall asleep and you can transfer her to her bed .

3. GF91

GF91 Well-Known Member

I've tried that but she gets real fidgety & fights going back to sleep xx

4. Pambi

Pambi Well-Known Member

My LG is 28 months and wakes once a night and has on/off since she was about 20 months. She has a cot/toddler bed so there's no chance of me staying in with her all night if I drop off! We went through a phase of letting her into our bed and hubby going into the spare room but it got a bit silly when we weren't spending any time together. There's nothing wrong with you bed sharing - I'd say enjoy the closeness and snuggles and she might just stop waking on her own.

5. El1en

El1en Well-Known Member

Could you put your phone alarm on but only on vibrate? Then put it between your knees or something so it doesn't disturb lo