stay down milk

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
sorry to bring this up again i think it has been discussed before. i was wondering if anyone has tried stay down milk and if it worked?I had to change ella 3 times in less than an hour today as she kept bringing her milk up, she does this regularly between feeds? this might be a stupid question, but is this reflux? or is it just her being sicky? any suggestions will be greatly appreciated thanks

thanks sami, she generally doesnt seem to bothered by it, sometimes she is whingy though and I cant put her down, but most the time she is quite happy, she has her 6-8 week check this week so I will bring it up then.

Did you try thr SMA stay down formula? and did itmake a difference?
thanks agsin

I have just given him Omneo comfort and he took it down well, still trew up 1oz, but went back down easier. So some progress for Damo. Try staydown - it wont hurt her, ask GP/HV if you'd like advice first they may be able to give more insight :D

Sami I have just read some symptoms of reflux and Ella has the following;

frequent spitting up or vomiting
vomiting or spitting up more than one hour after feeding
stops crying when held upright
gagging and choking (she has started doing this more recently)

So I think I will definatly mention this to the GP on weds thanks

Lauz

Ethan had this problem, would bring up most of his bottle after feeds, and cry alot, went to the docs loads coz i knew something was wrong but they said coz he was puttin on weight he was fine, made me feel stupid everytime i went.

at 9 months old i couldnt take it anymore, ethan was no sitting up or doing the things a 9mnth old should, he was very floppy upset and still being very sick, so i changed doctors.

the new doc diagoisned him right away with a milk allergy and put him on soya milk.

wiuthin 24 houra of him being on it he was a differnt baby, smiling, laughing, sitting up!!!! and not being sick at all.

just somthing to think about is she is being sick that badly

xx

she is sick after most of her bottles but she will keep the odd one down, she brings up quite a bit in between feeds. also her sick is curdled sometimes but iv mentioned this on here b4 and apparently this is normal?

also iv tried the stay down milk today but it doesnt seem to work

Aimee has reflux & is on Gaviscon powders that go in her milk to thicken it, maybe ask the doc to perscribe it....?
Some babies are worse than others & I think nothing apart from time completely cures it but things can def help.
My HV was a right cow the other day & said to me really nasty "all babies have reflux, there born with it" like I was stupid. So dont listen or ask them as they are cack ! :evil:

One thing the doc said to me was not too keep changing brands as this will only make them alot worse. I would stick to one if you can.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back