Stay at home or risk it.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by karael, Mar 24, 2020.

1. karael

karael Active Member

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and I work in a supermarket on the checkouts. I've been off work for the last 3 weeks but due to go back on monday but if the coronavirus and how people are ignoring the guidelines to stay at home I'm concerned about mine and my baby's welfare. I'm seriously considering not going back. I was just wondering what people thought and are anyone else staying off work.

2. kanga86

kanga86 Well-Known Member

I work at asda on the home shopping department and I'm not going back in once my sick leave is up. Been told I will get full pay while on the 12 week isolation too, so worth checking with your employer. Definitely not worth the risk on checkouts. I'm 13+4wks.

3. karael

karael Active Member

I plan on ringing tomorrow. I feel so guilty is the trouble but I know I need to put my little one first.

4. Niknaknoo

Niknaknoo Well-Known Member

I would absolutely be staying away! You’re in the risk category so employers need to recognise that and look after you.

5. CharliC

CharliC Well-Known Member

I don't have a public facing role and my work has put me on leave until this is over. It's not worth the risk, I wouldn't go back if I were you!

Sorry, I know it's tough

6. karael

karael Active Member

It's all sorted I'm staying off.

Niknaknoo and Helen88uk like this.
  7. lisastevo

lisastevo Well-Known Member

Can I ask, are the supermarket paying you full pay to be off? I’m in the same situation and mine aren’t

8. karael

karael Active Member

Its 2 weeks holiday then 10 weeks sick pay. I know some it's full sick pay or ssp.