Starting to think of names

TaffyRose

Reaction score
Who would've thought it's so difficult to think of names, but it feels like such a responsibility! I think we have decided to find out the sex at the 20 week scan so that will at least help narrow whether we need to look at boys or girls names. At the moment the front runners are:

Boy - Jack Dylan
Girl - Emilia Rose

What do you think? xxx

Hey Taffy!

I struggled to name our cat LOL (we went with Amber in the end, which I now like for a girl :shock:)

I think both of you names are really lovely! Jack is a name I love... It will def be on my list when we finally get a sticky bean.

other boys names I like are:
Robin
Roman
Thomas
Ethan
Ryan

Your girls name is very pretty too... It's an interesting take on the very popular Amelia.

During our hypothetical 'what we will name our baby' convo OH and I discovered we only like the name Charlotte for a girl (he also likes Erin and I don't mind Eden)

Best wishes and I look forward to seeing which team you are!

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I obviously love love love your boys name!! :) :)

Your girls name is also very pretty! :) x

I love your girls name - my current girl front runner is Amelia Rose

I love the name Emilia Rose, Jack is always a winner. Good strong name :) That's what my other half keeps saying he wants but lil early for us to actually decide on one xx

Who would've thought it's so difficult to think of names, but it feels like such a responsibility! I think we have decided to find out the sex at the 20 week scan so that will at least help narrow whether we need to look at boys or girls names. At the moment the front runners are:

Boy - Jack Dylan
Girl - Emilia Rose

What do you think? xxx

I don't see what are you trying to accomplish...

If you are carrying twins both names are going to pass. If you are carrying a boy, Jack Dylan is winning this thread, if is girl Emilia Rose is winner.

Are you not sure with these names and need more help?

My suggestions are:
Aemilia Violet, Amelia Rosey, Emma Dawn, Emily Lily, Lily Rose, Rose Emma as my suggestions.
For a boy Jaime Dylan, Jack Dean, Jimmy Drake, Jack Dalton, Jace Dex Jake Don, Jae Devon.

Last edited:
Love ur names hun.

Abit confused with the above post though :S

Ahh Taffy Rose , what lovely names , I really like your spelling of Emilia with an E, rather than an A - very pretty. I like Jack as my OH is called Jack!

Carnat22- We like simular names!! I have also had Robin and Roman on my baby name short lists over the years, we used Robin as my second sons middle names in the end as I didn't want him to be able to shorten his name to Rob as soon as he got to 10!! Still loved Roman recently and was on Devons shortlist, also Rowan for either a girl or a boy. And OH loved Erin , but he wasn't quite going to get his way as I finally settled on Marina Penny incase Devon was a she!!

Just a note for Sabina Lily - I think Taffy Rose is just trying to test her current choice of names out on us, as you can't really test them on relatives and freinds and ruin the surprise, or have someone ruin your name without meaning and being to close to TaffyRose , so any kind of feedback , even if she has already narrowed it to only one boy and girls name is a great help I think.

Last edited:
I don't see what are you trying to accomplish...

If you are carrying twins both names are going to pass. If you are carrying a boy, Jack Dylan is winning this thread, if is girl Emilia Rose is winner.

Are you not sure with these names and need more help?

My suggestions are:
Aemilia Violet, Amelia Rosey, Emma Dawn, Emily Lily, Lily Rose, Rose Emma as my suggestions.
For a boy Jaime Dylan, Jack Dean, Jimmy Drake, Jack Dalton, Jace Dex Jake Don, Jae Devon.

Keep your hair on love!

I think Taffy was just asking for our opinions on the names they like!

Thank you for everyone's thoughts and comments :) We've not been discussing names too much lately as we've decided to find out the sex at the 20 week scan so we can narrow things down after that. But saying that one of the boys names we chose was Devon. I love the name and lately have started to favour it. It wold probably be Devon Jack or Devon Robert (OH's name). I think it's partly because I can imagine us having a little blondy and the name just seems to fit.

JJ you have a Devon, what kind of reaction do you get? Anyone's thoughts welcome xxx

Jack Dylan is winning this thread, if its a girl Emilia Rose is a winner.

I love these names too:)

Dylan's such a lovely name! Do like the sound of Jace Dylan or Jon Dylan? Just curious :)
Emilia is a very very nice name. Emilia Rae is also nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back