Starting to Show?

lisa31

Reaction score
Just a bit of advice really. I am 14 weeks and 2 days. Have started to show (will post my pic when I have downloaded it :lol: ) what I am concerned about though is that my bump isnt rock hard and I thought it was supposed to be? Some of it is bloating - but ive got a definate bump going on too - its hard(ish) but not really hard :shock:

I know Im probably just fussing but should I be worried?

L x

It should feel hard down in the pubic area and this hardening seems to gradually grow upwards.

I am almost at week 20 and I have now started to notice that my bump is hard a lot further up.

This happened to my friend as well, and I am assuming that bump gets harder as the uterus spreads up through the tummy.

I'm no expert, but from my experience, Your tummy should harden up during the next six weeks I would say.

I think its diffrent for everyone, if depends on your frame and build i think.

my bump is firm at teh top and bottom but not in the middle, other days my whole tummy is like jelly, then the next day it will be stretching my skin!

I wouldnt worry about it hun, every bump is diffrent and it will prob change alot through out your pregnancy

xx

well i've got a bit of extra "padding" from before, but my belly feels harder at the bottom bit. i have noticed, as sarah said, that the hard area gets bigger as my uterus grows, but i still have a mostly squishy tummy (thanks to that padding i mentioned.. arghh!) and it dents in round the middle too! i have an unmistakable but somewhat bean shaped baby bump!

i also notice that i can feel my uterus sticking out more after i've been up for a few hours - when i just get up in the mornings it is almost as if it has sunk deeper into my abdomen while i have been sleeping - which i suppose is only natural as i have been laying down all night!

i wouldn't worry lisa, i'm sure your bump is perfectly normal!!

:D

I'm 17 weeks and getting a definite bump but my friend is two weeks behind me and she isn't showing yet. I think it really does vary from person to person. she might even end up bigger than me in the end - who knows!! :D

hello,

I am 14 weeks and five days today and i am getting a bump it is soft all over
!

keep in touch cos we are roughly the same dates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back